☾.˚˖⁺✦[Well this is a Predicament]✦˙⊹˚☽

"It's not just that we were friends with them, they were using us for their cover!" Mason rambled on about Garrett and Violet as he, Shay, Liam, and Alina ran alongside one another through the trails of the Beacon Hills Preserve.

"You guys were friends with them?" Shay asks due to being new to the friend group.

"Yeah!" Mason exclaims, "I mean, professional killers were using us." Liam continues to run with his mind somewhere else, and Alina glances at the surrounding trees having a sense of familiarity with them. "How are you two not freaking out about that?" Mason asks the two others who aren't fully paying attention to what Mason is saying.

Neither says anything causing Shay and Mason to look between the two expectantly, but both are still too busy.

"Alina? You good?" Shay asks, looking at the blonde running beside her. Alina's eyes find a small blotch of dried blood in the dead grass at the bottom of a tree, that is when she realized this is the area where Alina was bit by that red-eyed monster. "Alina?" A hand waves in front of her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm good." She nods.

"Liam? What about you? Are you okay?" Shay glances at the boy that runs on the other side of Alina.

"Trust me, I'm freaking out a lot," Liam replies as his speed picks up into a sprint.

"Liam?!" Mason calls.

"Slow down! Liam!" Shay tries to get his attention too.

"Hey, Liam!" Alina shouts.

"Liam, dude!" Mason tries to run faster to catch up to his best friend.

"Mason, don't worry, I'll get him." Alina tells Mason, "you two stick together." She says looking between Mason and Shay before she runs off in the direction of Liam.

"Liam! Stop running!" She shouts when she spots him still sprinting down the trail. "My little legs can only go so far and so fast!"

Liam thankfully slows down until he comes to a complete stop, glancing around him with drawn-together brows.

"Liam, what's- wrong... with. you?" Alina heaves once she catches up to Liam, resting her hands on her knees in an attempt to catch her breath. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a black car comes driving down the road, it doesn't slow down in the slightest bit and Liam acts quickly to push Alina out of the way leading to the car hitting Liam with full force. He flies to the ground from impact with a painful thud. "Holy shit!" Alina quickly stands up from where she was pushed and rushes to Liam's side.

"Hey, guys..." Garrett smirks evilly as he jumps out of the car, "sorry about missing movie night. Don't worry, I got something else planned."

"There was a movie night? Why wasn't I invited?" Alina looks down at Liam with offence.

"Shut up," Garrett shouts, grabbing Alina and Liam's attention once again. Garrett steps forward and Alina then notices the weapon that he has in his one hand, however, he does not use it at first rather he raises his fist and connects it with the side of Alina's face before she even has the chance to realize what was happening.

Liam is about to stand up, ready to fight Garrett, but Garrett acts fast and uses the weapon in his hand to slice Liam across the chest.

• • •

"Maybe we should go talk to Scott," Mason says to Shay as the two walk through the school halls to go to their second-period class, math, which Mason hadn't realized that Shay was also in.

"Scott? As in Scott McCall? The lacrosse captain?" Shay questions with a shocked expression

"Yeah, Alina and Liam are friends with Scott and his friends," Mason nods.