☾.˚˖⁺✦[Tryouts Gone Wrong]✦˙⊹˚☽

The rest of the school day had gone by quickly, and the last bell of the day finally rings, all the kids stood from their seats with their bags and books in hand and simultaneously scurried down the halls to get home. Unfortunately for Alina, she has to go to the lacrosse tryouts because today is her first day as the first aid for the lacrosse team. She was shocked at how easy she had gotten the job but is incredibly thankful since she knows it will give her the basis of knowledge on medical care.

Upon her arrival at the field, she walked over to the coach.

"Hey, coach."

"Alina, perfect timing," coach smiles. "Today is just tryouts so you won't be doing much, just sit on the bench there by the first aid kit until a player does something stupid," Coach instructs her. 

"Okay!" Alina nods before walking to the bench and dropping her backpack off by the first aid kit. While she is sitting there she noticed two girls sitting side by side on the bleachers. One of them looked oddly familiar.

Alina tries to figure out where she knows the one girl from until she realizes it was Lydia Martin's friend from the mall.

Alina stands up and wanders over to take a seat beside the two girls. "Hi, I'm not sure you remember me, but-" Alina gets cut off.

"You're the girl from the mall. The one that Lydia was helping choose clothes," the girl did remember her.

"Yeah, that's me, I'm Alina Thomason," she stretches her hand out to the girl to shake, which she does.

"I'm Kira Yukimura, and this is Malia Tate," she points to the girl beside her. And, at the sound of her name being called, the girl looks up from her notebook with a pen in her mouth and her brows furrowed.

"Hello," her words are muttered from the pen that is held between her teeth.

"Hi," Alina chuckled.

"You don't by any chance take calculus do you?"
Malia asks hopefully.

"Sorry, no. I'm a freshmen." Malia grunts in frustration before she stares back down at her notebook with pure resentment. "And, even if I did I wouldn't be much help. I hate math," Alina continues.

"I hate math too," Malia agrees. "What's wrong with you?" Malia suddenly turns to Kira.

"Me? Nothing." Kira answered quickly.

"You reek of anxiety and it's distracting," Malia informs her friend.

"You do look nervous." Alina agrees, "are you okay?"

"Scott and I sort of had this thing happen... but it wasn't much of a thing." She begins to explain quickly. "And, I'm starting to think it never was anything at all."

"Scott McCall?"

"You know him?" Kira asks in confusion.

"Yeah, from when we were younger," Alina explains and Kira nods in understanding before Malia continues to speak.

"What do you want it to be?"

"More," Kira admits.

"You need to talk to him. Tell him what you want and if you don't talk to him, nothing will happen because if Scott is still the same from when he was nine years old, he's a big wimp." Alina tells Kira honestly.