☾.˚˖⁺✦[Match Makers]✦˙⊹˚☽

Alina walked slowly, her feet dragging against the ground with each step she took. She tugged on her sweatshirt, pulling the oversized fabric closer to her body, seeking comfort and warmth. 

Last night was awful. It was the worst sleep she has had in years. 

Once she had gone back upstairs to bed after having read that book, she did not get out of bed. She occasionally worked on homework, but besides that, she was in and out of sleep; the difficulty was that once the pills were finally in effect and she drifted off to sleep, she was woken up by the same nightmare playing behind her shut eyes over and over and over. Alina could not bare it since this was not just any ordinary nightmare but rather a memory. A memory she had forgotten, a memory that had been taken from her. But, how could she forget that she was the reason for her mom's death? 

Alina killed her mom. Not any nurses. Not any doctors. Not Eichen House. 

It was her. 

She killed her mom. 

Every time she was woken up by the memory, she woke up covered in sweat, tears sliding down her cheeks. Alina had to use her pillow to muffle her screams and cries to not wake anyone up, especially when Milo was sleeping just feet away from her. She would take another pill to help her go back to sleep with the hopes it would keep her asleep and not wake Milo up. She could not bare having to explain to him that she was the one that killed their mother. She was the reason that he will never be able to meet his mother. Though he does deserve to know. 

It got to the point where she no longer wanted to go to sleep, afraid of what she may see. She felt sick. And, it was not sickness from the awful, tormenting memories. Alina ended up running to the bathroom, vomiting into the toilet at three in the morning. She had not eaten anything since before she and Shay had gone to the Sinema with Mason and Liam, maybe that was why. Or maybe it was because she still had all of that alcohol in her system. 

She was left staring at her ceiling for the rest of the hours of the night until the slivers of the sun began to shine through the window, and when her alarm went off it signalled for her and Milo to wake up, she had no choice to do so. Alina was now dressed and ready for school, walking down the hallway and down the stairs to find Melissa, Milo, and Scott eating their breakfast and packing their lunches. 

"Good morning, Alina," Melissa smiled as she cut Milo's sandwich into half. 

"Good morning." Alina slouched into a chair at the dining table. 

"You going to have some breakfast?" Melissa asked. 

"I'm not hungry," Alina shook her head. This brought everyone's attention to her. 

"Why? What's wrong?" Scott asked with a frown. 

"Nothing." Melissa gives her a look, not needing any supernatural abilities to know she is lying. Alina sighs, "I just didn't have that good of a sleep." Before anyone could ask any further questions, there is suddenly a honking coming from the driveway. Milo peaks his head through the kitchen window to see who it was. 

"Stiles is here," Milo turns to look at the others with a bright smile. 

"You boys go out to the Jeep, Alina will be there in a moment," Melissa orders. Scott and Milo do not hesitate before grabbing their backpacks and rush out the door. "No listening in!" She hollers before the door shuts close with a click, the pots and pans in the cabinets of the kitchen rattling slightly with the impact. Melissa sighs and waits for a moment before turning back to Alina. 

"Are your pills no longer working?" Melissa moved to sit in the chair beside Alina, resting her hand atop the young girls. As she does so, Melissa notices how slim and shaky Alina's hand is. Concern immediately incases the women.