☾.˚˖⁺✦[Search Party]✦˙⊹˚☽

The sun filtered in through the curtains of the living room window, falling in rays across Alina's face. She sat silently on the couch, staring at the pot of cold pasta that was in the same place where Stiles had set it down the night prior. Stiles, Theo, and Alina waited impatiently in the living room, all lined up on the couch, while Mason and Lydia were upstairs with the new chimera they found. Scott, Malia, Kira, and Milo were all out of the house. Alina did not know where, she could not remember where. Well, besides Milo, she vaguely remembers him saying that he was going to the station, leaving early this morning. Knowing he was with Parrish at the station, probably one of the safest places in town right now, eased her mind.

But Shay, Liam, and Hayden were still missing.

Her hands wrung together, picking at the skin of her palm to keep her distracted- her new habit. Alina's Converse-clad foot tapped against the hardwood flooring- her old habit.

Stiles reached forward and rested his hand on hers, wedging his thumb in between Alina's nails and its victim. "Don't do that." He grimaces slightly when he notices the blood slowly roll down her palm.

"I'll go get a bandaid," Theo volunteers from his seat. "Where's the-"

"First aid is under the sink," Stiles' soft tone turns to cold when his eyes flicker to the other boy. Theo clenches his jaw, biting his tongue before standing up and returning seconds later with the first aid. This all goes unnoticed by Alina, her mind in a foggy haze. She does not even feel Stiles wrapping the palm of her hand in a bandaid wrap.

"I think the bandaid wrap is a little unnecessary-" Theo is cut off with a glare.

Alina does not even realize Stiles wrapping a second bandaid around her other hand- the one that is untouched with not a single nail mark or scratch in sight.

"I think that hand is fine-" Another glare. "Oh... Oh, I see." Theo nods, a sad and sombre took over his face when his gaze fell onto Alina, realizing that Stiles is using abnormally large bandaids and wrapping them around the palms of Alina's hands to stop her bad habit, to stop her from hurting herself-or, at least, hopefully. Theo takes a seat on the opposite side of Alina, his hand rubbing her back comfortingly as he tells her, "We're going to find them, Alina. Everything will be okay, I promise."

Alina slowly moves to meet Theo's eyes. Her green eyes glazed over, dull and tired. "It'll be too late." Her voice cracks as the words pass through her lips. Neither Theo nor Stiles gets a chance to reply- to which Alina is glad because she knows it will only be words laced with lies to make her feel better- instead, all of their attention goes to the front door. It swings open with force, ricocheting against the wall behind it. Their eyes meet none other than Scott who storms towards the stairs where Lydia and Mason were upstairs with the new chimera they found.

"Scott?" Stiles calls. The three teenagers rush after him, running up the stairs only to see Scott plunging his claws into the back of the neck of the chimera. Alina's eyes widened as she watched Corey struggle. She did not know this boy, Corey, well. Though he is in her grade, and she had a couple of classes with him last year and one with him this semester.

Alina tries to take a step forward but Lydia reaches her arm out, stopping the younger girl. "Don't get too close," she warns.

"What is he doing?" Theo asks from where he stood behind Alina.

"Tapping into Corey's memories," she answers. "It's usually something Alphas do." Theo walks over to stand behind Scott, disobeying Lydia's warning. He watches closely as does Alina but over Lydia and Stiles' shoulders as they do not let the younger girl get too close. She finds herself interested in the idea that Scott can see Corey's memories, however, before she could watch any further, her phone rings from the back pocket of her jeans. She takes it out of her pocket to see the Caller ID reading 'Unknown'. Immediately, Alina's heart dropped, eyes widened, mouth dry.