☾.˚˖⁺✦[Night Terrors]✦˙⊹˚☽

TW - Night Terrors and Anxiety Attacks

Alina opened the front door of the O'Neil's house.

"Alina? Is that you?!" She could hear Kelly call from the kitchen.

"Uh- yeah!" Alina called back. She was hoping she could get to her room without being noticed by Kelly or David so they wouldn't question her on her current state- her current state being that she looked like she had just been kidnapped, which she was.

"I was wondering where you were," Kelly spoke as she came to the foyer. "You never came home after school and you weren't here for dinner, I thought I was going to have to call the sheriff-" Kelly stopped talking once she saw Alina. "Oh my god! Honey, what happened!" She rushed over to Alina's side and rested her hands on either side of Alina's face to take a look at the small gash she had on the side of her head.

"Nothing, I'm fine," Alina answered quietly, wrapping Liam's sweater closer to her body as if it was a shield to protect her from Kelly's interrogation.

"Nothing? This doesn't look like nothing. David, come here! Who hurt you? Whoever it is, we will find them, Alina-"

"I said I'm fine," she spoke a little louder this time. David walked into the foyer just then and his reaction matched Kelly's.

"Alina? What happened? Who did this? I want a name, address, and age- so I know if I can beat this person's ass," David asked question after question.

"I said I'm fine, I just fell."

"Fell off of what? A cliff?"

"No- uh- down the stairs, but I'm fine. Seriously, I just want to go to sleep."

"Oh, okay, dear. Have a shower first, I'm sure that will help you feel better," Kelly told Alina.

Alina nodded before heading towards the stairs.

"Did you eat dinner? There are some leftovers in the fridge for you," David spoke.

"I'm not hungry, thanks though," Alina smiled softly before she trekked upstairs to her room. She went into her bathroom and began to run warm water. The walk from Scott's house got quite cold, which is how she ended up with Liam's sweatshirt.

She stripped from her clothes and hopped into the shower, the water was burning and it was a nice contrast against her cold skin. She stood in the shower watching the water fall for what felt like hours before she grabbed the soap bar and began to wash her body to rid it of any dirt and grime she had gathered through her long, horrendous day.

When she was finally done with her shower, she turned the faucet so the water would stop. Alina grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her body snuggly. She walked out to her room to grab her pyjamas. As she walked across her room to her dresser drawers, she saw a figure in the window next door. She looked over to see Liam standing there with a towel wrapped around his waist, he too glanced over at the same time as Alina.

"Hi,"

"Hey," They greeted each other through their open windows, both awkwardly waving at one another before continuing to do whatever they were doing.

Once Alina was dressed in her pyjamas she took her sleep meds and brushed her teeth, and finally climbed into her warm bed that has awaited her all day. Sleep came over Alina quicker than usual tonight, and she didn't complain one bit. Of course, that is until the nightmares took over her once peaceful mind.

• • •

Alina sat on her small bed while she read through her novel that was in the Eichen House Library. She has read this book millions of times, but still, it is her favourite and she continues to read it almost every day. The Rolling Stones played in the background, the song playing off of an old red radio that was in its last days.