☾.˚˖⁺✦[Failure]✦˙⊹˚☽

"Come on, Alina. You have to come," Liam pleads. 

"Thank you for the invitation but I have to sadly decline. I have other plans," Alina dismisses him. 

"Other plans?" Scott quirks a brow.

"Yes, I will stay here in the safety of the house, eating spaghetti while watching the Scream movies." Alina raises the wooden spoon in the air, sauce almost dropping onto the couch. "Oh, shit," she smiles sheepishly while putting the wooden spoon back into the pot that she cradles in her lap. Alina had completely ditched the bowl of spaghetti she had earlier, deciding to eat straight of the pot- something she had always dreamt of doing for some odd reason. 

Scott watches with a terrified face, "please don't get sauce on mom's couch." 

"I won't, I won't," she says with another wave of the spoon. 

"Oh my god, just save the spaghetti for later, okay? You're coming with us," Stiles declares. 

"Uh, no thanks. The spaghetti will be cold then."

"Reheat it."

"Ew, I hate leftovers, ack-" she gags at the mere thought. 

"We need your help with Hayden," Shay attempts.

"Nah, seems like you guys got it under cover," Alina shrugs lazily as she scoops up the spaghetti onto the wooden spoon, trying to take a bite but the noodles fall right back into the pot. She lets out a huff before attempting, once again. Stiles and Scott share a nod before they move forward, Stiles taking the pot of spaghetti from her hands as Scott holds her back. "NO! MY NOODLES!" She lets out a dramatic cry. 

"Alina, we need your help. You're probably the only person able to fight against the Dread Doctors, okay? We need you... please," Liam begs. 

"Do you not recall them snapping my arm in two?" She raises her brows.

"Alina," Shay says quietly, her eyes heavy from exhaustion. "Please." 

Alina stares at her best friend, debating whether she should stay or go to the school with them to help their "master plan. She wants to stay home, she still feels sick and feels really warm, sickeningly warm. However, her friends need her, and she will not leave her friends when they need her- even if she will not be much help. She lets out a sigh. "Fine, I'll come with you guys." 

• • • 

The locker room door swings open, Lydia walks in to join Scott, Liam, Alina, Shay, and Hayden. The room was silent, no one was speaking, the only sound being from Alina's Converse-clad feet patting against the floor as she paces back and forth in front of the rows of lockers. 

Everyone was pitching in to help keep Hayden safe; Parrish had taken cell phone jammers from the station, rewiring them to have a larger frequency, Stiles and Theo were at the clinic, on body watch of the last Chimera while the rest were at the high school, on Hayden watch. 

Alina nervously fidgeted with the sleeves of her sweatshirt, wanting so badly to reach into her pocket for the familiar and comforting orange bottle but knowing it is not there. The only person that knows where it is, is Melissa. Alina wants to find the pills but knows it will only break Melissa all the more. Alina has resorted to a new habit, her thumbnail scratching at the skin of the palm of her hand- the skin has already gone raw. She had tried biting her nails, however, Lydia stopped her almost immediately, saying it will ruin her nails. 

"Don't worry," Liam's voice causes Alina to fall out of her daze, her scratching not stopping. "You'll learn to control it." 

"I'm not like you," Hayden insists. "I wasn't bitten by a wolf. I'm somebody's science experiment." She pauses, "this is so bizarre."