☾.˚˖⁺✦[Hide n' Seek]✦˙⊹˚☽

Alina and Liam walked through the school halls together, hand in hand. Which came as a slight shock to Mason as he and Shay waited for the two at Liam's locker. "No-" Mason breathed.

"It's about time," Shay muttered, rolling her eyes. Even though she had just joined the group, she had been waiting desperately for the two to get together. Shay held her hand out expectantly to Mason, waiting patiently as Alina and Liam joined them- both of whom shared a look of confusion with one another. "Pay up, Mase." Mason let out a groan before reaching into his pocket to grab a five-dollar bill from his pocket.

"What are you two doing?" Alina asked, quirking a brow at her friends. "Are you two doing a drug deal or some shit?"

"No, we aren't dealing drugs," Mason quickly dismissed Alina's accusation before looking around at the other students to see if they had heard Alina. "We may or may have not made a bet..." Mason sighed to which he earned a slap on the shoulder from Shay. "Ow! What was that for?" He whined, rubbing his shoulder.

"Dude, you don't tell the people you made a bet on that you made a bet on them," Shay rolled her eyes again.

"You guys made a bet on us?" Liam asked as he continued to glance nervously around the halls of the school. Alina furrowed her brows slightly at his actions but decides to shrug it for the moment since Liam had been acting out of the norm since they had woken up this morning.

"Maybe..." Mason and Shay say at the same time. Alina glared at the two, leading to Mason immediately confessing. "Okay, we made a bet of when we thought you two would get together. I made a bet that it would take at least a month and Shay made a bet that it would take a week." Mason let out another yelp as he got smacked on the same spot of his shoulder again. "Stop doing that," he whined.

"Stop ratting us out then."

"What do you mean 'get together'?" Alina questioned.

"You know, start dating." Shay gestured to Alina and Liam's hands that were still intertwined with one another.

"Oh- uh-" Liam stuttered as he and Alina took their hands away from the other. Liam quickly placed his hand into his pocket as Alina began to fiddle with the straps of her backpack.

"We-we're not dating," Alina shook her head rapidly. Shay and Mason's brows rise as they give an unconvinced glance to one another before looking back to the other two, slowly nodding.

"Okay, if you say so," Shay shrugs.

"We say so," Alina nods. "Right?" She looks at Liam. However, he is glancing around the halls again. "Right?" She asks again, using her elbow to gently nudge him.

"What- I... uh- yeah. Right, yeah," He nods quickly. Mason notices Liam's uneasiness and decides to change the topic.

"Am I gonna see you guys at the bonfire tonight?" He looks between his three friends, waiting for an answer.

"I'm thinking about skipping it..." Liam replies.

"You're not skipping," Mason and Shay said in unison.

"Why not?"

"Because you're on the lacrosse team. Don't you have to go?"

"I don't, uh..." He glances down the hall again. "I... I don't think I can make it."

"You're coming. And we're gonna find you a nice girl that you can embarrass yourself in front of- since you and Alina aren't dating." Mason begins. At the mention of Mason setting Liam up with a girl, Alina instantly feels an odd feeling clutching around her heart. She swallows the lump in her throat and hopes that whatever that feeling was that Liam wouldn't be able to tell from her chemosignals- which Alina just found out was another special ability that werewolves and were-coyotes apparently have. "And find me a lacrosse player. Because statistically speaking, someone on your team has gotta be on my team." Mason continues to ramble to Liam.