Chapter 13

You were chilling with Baji and Chifuyu during lunchtime when suddenly Chifuyu brought up the topic of a new cafe nearby.

"I said I can't Fuyu, I have plans tomorrow after school" Specifically with a peach-haired delinquent, you thought.

"But Y/n, it's a PET CAFE... I heard they have a lot of kittens" Chifuyu persuaded you, and you were tempted...almost. Must resist, kittens...

Your thoughts drifted to Nahoya and the upcoming exams. "Exams are near Fuyu, plus I told you I have plans with someone"

Baji who was busy eating some snacks, joined their conversation "Lemme guess, with Smiley boy?"

The two who were bickering immediately looked at Baji "Yes, we're gonna go study for the upcoming exams. How did you know?"

"What!? Y/n you'd chose that guy over us and pet cafe?" Chifuyu pouted at you. "Plus I told you, that guy's no good"

While you knew Chifuyu and Smiley aren't really on good terms because back then when Chifuyu wasn't a member of Toman yet, he challenged Nahoya, one of the school's infamous delinquents. Since then they have been engaging in a fistfight whenever they meet because of their ego...But that stopped when Chifuyu met Baji and became a part of Toman.

"Oh come on, he's not that bad. I promise I'll join next time...just not during Thursday and Saturday," You said, hoping Chifuyu would let you off the hook and stop pouting already.

"That dude bragged to us last meeting that he'd be busy during Thursday and Saturday with a cutie, so if we need him we'd only call him if it's urgent" Baji said as he smirked at you "Didn't think you'd be into playboys, Y/n"

"Yeah, that bastard has a record. Did you know how many flings he had and how many hearts he broke" Chifuyu crossed his arms and huffed. You get that he's worried about you but it's not like you're into Nahoya.

"Brooo I don't even think that guy still has his v-card" Baji laughed.

"I think you guys are misunderstanding something. He and I are not dating or seeing each other. I simply offered to help him since he's been having a hard time catching up" You recalled those times the teacher would give him a warning and tell him to study more. Souya tried his best to help his twin brother but he's not the smartest either, the reason Souya has good grades was because of his perseverance. Meanwhile, Nahoya would spend his free time messing around, like flirting with other girls or hanging out with other people.

"Well whatever you do Y/n, just don't fall for his charms. One of my classmates just got heartbroken because of him. He lead her on with his flirting, only to reject her when she confessed" Chifuyu warned you.

"Pshhh please, do you think I'm an easy woman Fuyu?" You looked at the blonde while trying to sound offended.

Chifuyu stuttered "N-no, of course not. But just be careful with that asshole"

"Quit being such a worry rat. If that guy ever did anything to Y/n, we'll be the first to beat 'em up" Baji assured both of you. "Oi, don't hesitate to give us a call anytime" Baji ruffles your h/c hair.

"Thanks, Baji and Fuyu, I got this don't worry. Besides I've gotten closer to Nahoya compared to before where our interactions mostly consist of bickering and banter"

Ever since the Mitsuya incident where the twins treated you to ramen. You've gotten closer to both of them, you were able to hold long conversations with Nahoya without arguing with him and Souya became more comfortable with you.

"Rather than Smiley, Mitsuya is ten times better" Chifuyu nonchalantly said. "Oh c'mon Fuyu, don't compare. They're both great, besides...Mitsuya already rejected me and I've moved on"

"Yeah, sorry bout that"

The three of you continued talking until the bell rang, indicating that lunch break is over. After saying goodbye to them, you rushed through the halls to get back to your classroom.

Throughout the entire day, your conversation with Chifuyu and Baji flashed in your mind on repeat. 'Is he really that kind of guy? Or is it just rumors'

You glanced at your seatmate who was currently dozing off, not listening to the teacher. 'I guess I could always just ask him or Souya. I shouldn't believe rumors easily'

Please don't forget to comment and vote! I hope you enjoyed reading it!