Chapter 34

A h/c haired girl could be seen walking in Tama River along with a curly peach-haired guy

A h/c haired girl could be seen walking in Tama River along with a curly peach-haired guy. You both decided to take a stroll in there instead of the Parthenon Tama park where there are a lot of people there around this time, and you think it's best to avoid places with many people so Nahoya can't get in another fight. During the entire walk, you two talked about the most mundane things like your classmates, friends, how you're planning to spend the days before high school starts, what songs to sing later, what foods to order...stuff like those.

Nahoya was in the middle of telling you about his fight with this guy named Mochi when all of a sudden you felt your phone buzz.

"Ah...wait a minute, I'll just check this one out" You excuse yourself and went to take the call somewhere far enough

"Emma—"

"Y/N! did you ask already? I heard something interesting from Angry so I couldn't resist calling hehe" Emma enthusiastically said from the phone.

"Uhm..actually..no not yet haha"

"What!? but there are only a few minutes left, I honestly thought you two are already on the way here to where we booked for karaoke"

"Wait! You guys are already there??!"

"Not yet, but we're already leaving soon. Why haven't you asked him yet?"

"Oh! haha I guess I got too nervous and ended up stalling too much that I forgot about the time"

"Well you can still ask since there's still some tim—omg let's talk later, Mikey's calling for me bye" Emma hurriedly said as she hung up before you could even say goodbye.

You sigh and placed your phone back in your purse, then look around to find where the redhead went. You caught him lying down on the meadow while holding something, so you squint your eyes only to see him holding a piece of accessory.

An idea popped in your head as a mischievous smirk found its way onto your face

Nahoya was playing with the bracelet he bought for you while thinking of a way how to open up this topic without you getting awkward with him again. Busy with his thoughts, he didn't notice you who was quietly sneaking up on him.