Chapter 22

'A delinquent? Y/n fell for a delinquent? Well, whoever that bastard is I can just beat the shit outta him and prove I'm stronge-wait, why the hell am I trying to prove myself again? I'm already great enough as always'

He was in the middle of class, and Nahoya's thoughts were anywhere but the lesson. You just recently revealed the hints you promised you'd give but he's not satisfied.

Y/n doesn't have any delinquent friends aside from those in Toman. A good cook? There are a lot of Toman members that are great at cooking, there's Mitsuya, Draken, Chifuyu-wait, Draken and the others don't even go to the same school so they're listed out.

'could it be me?'

A giddy smile painted his face as he try to convince himself that it was him. 'Of course, I'm so awesome, Y/n must've fallen for my charms, as she should'

He stole a glance at you who were busy taking down notes. Your e/c eyes focused on the teacher while occasionally your brows furrowed as your pink lips made a cute pout. It seems he was staring for so long, you finally noticed and were about to turn your head in his direction, but for some reason, he immediately looked away and pretended to listen to the teacher with such a serious expression as if the lesson was the most interesting thing in the world.

It puzzled him why his instincts made him do that but either way it would be embarrassing to get caught staring when you should be the one staring at him.

He tried to grab your attention the entire day at school but you avoided him like the plague, you'd only talk to him briefly if it was important and would change the topic whenever he would bring up the deal.

Due to Y/n's behavior, Nahoya started to ponder whether or not his guess was right. Then, a bunch of memories of you being annoyed at him whenever he flirted flashed in his mind. Again, he consoled himself and thought that it's just your way of being bashful...or is it?

Those three hints were certainly pointing toward him, but it could also be Chifuyu or his brother...Maybe he shouldn't get too ahead of himself as he did before, which caused you trouble with Mitsuya.

'ugh this is frustrating, I hate using my head for troublesome things like this, I prefer using my fist.'

The thought of you liking another guy made his fist twitch with the need to punch someone. But if it really is Chifuyu, hell it could even be his own brother, then he might need to pour his desire to fight somewhere else.

He managed to corner you after the last class ended since you were trying to sneak out of the classroom like a fugitive. He boldly declared wanting to talk to you in private when he actually has no plans of what to say and just tagged along with your shopping.

It was a bit awkward on the way but he was busy dealing with his conflicting thoughts and feelings.

It couldn't be Chifuyu since you treat him like a little brother, after all, he's two years younger than you. He's seen the way you interact with the blonde, and it's definitely platonic.

'then it's probably either me or my brother'

Nahoya thought as he grabbed a bunch of junk foods and placed them in his basket. You saw his pile of junk foods and immediately nagged him, while it did annoy him back then, he grew accustomed and even fond of it since it means you worry for him.

"Hey wait up! You know I only say those because I care for you...as a friend of course!"

The word friend irked him but it also made his thoughts clearer...a good friend huh. Looking back at it once more, it makes sense, and he finally guessed who you like.

༺❀༻

You finally came home after that suspenseful evening. It was painfully slow and heart-wrenching, you couldn't even dare make eye contact with him since you were afraid your tears might suddenly burst.

Although he did say something that left you confused before he left your house.

'Good luck'

Good luck? For what? You couldn't wrap your head at his strange behavior the entire evening and now that weird last words before he left. Maybe he's simply trying to wish you good luck for high school, the school year is about to end.

You laid down on your bed and consoled yourself that you're probably about to part ways with them in high school, they still haven't decided which high school to go to. It doesn't seem like your friendship with him is over too so you should at least be happy with that.

Despite looking at the bright side of things, it still hurts...even if he didn't say it outright, his actions spoke louder and it's clear he was uneasy the entire time. It was painful seeing how cheerful and playful he used to be with you to be reduced to an uncomfortable guy around you. You knew he deals with things straightforwardly yet he avoids and kept beating around the bush with you now.

Feeling like you're about to cry, you remembered something. Knowing that you don't have to keep this to yourself you immediately dialed Emma's number.

Emma: Yahooo~ Y/n what's-

: E-Emma-chan I-

Upon hearing you weep through the phone, Emma's cheerful demeanor changed quickly to worry.

Emma: Y/n!? What's wrong? Why are you crying!?

: Haha, no it's nothing like that...i-its just that...

After explaining the situation to her, she let you cry out your heart while venting. She mostly listened to you and let you finish your story.

: T-that's why, in the end, it's my fault. I ended up catching feelings despite knowing better and I was also the one who slipped up and said so many obvious hints. Ugh so stupid! I shouldn't have said anything!

Emma: Y/n, gurl you can't control things like who you end up liking.

: I-i also told you and him that I'd never act nor t-tell anyone and yet this happens

Emma: That wasn't your fault either, you were simply thinking of a way to help him better with his studies.

: Still! There are literally many other ways I could've dealt with it

Your conversation with Emma lasted for hours as you both ended up not only talking about your love life but also Draken, Mikey, school, exams, and many more.

Crying out your feelings and talking to a trusted friend helped you feel a lot better. Before your call with Emma ended, you promised to hang out with her this weekend as a way to unwind and relax since she thought you're always so stressed about school and now about a certain delinquent added to your plate.

Another fast update!^^ I'm really in the mood to write these days

Smiley's POV, did I do ok? I hope I didn't butcher his character and made him OOC.

Please don't forget to comment and vote! I hope you enjoyed reading it!