Chapter 35: His POV

There was this girl whom Nahoya thought was annoying at first.

It was just the beginning of the school year and she was already nagging him as if she was his mother.

While he did think she was pretty from the start, her irritable, sarcastic, and stern personality was not his type. He prefers women who are friendly, bubbly, can catch his vibe easily and isn't a buzzkill.

He does like a challenge from time to time but she wasn't just a mere challenge, she was like a mountain who cannot be moved no matter what he does, and so he quit trying to get in her pants. After all, he's not someone pathetic who'd get hung up on a single rejection, there are plenty of other girls who could give him the challenge he occasionally wanted.

She said his mouth was foul, but she too can be quite harsh with her own words. Every day he gets to hear her nagging and her words that would stab him in the gut ruthlessly, did he run out of luck for this year?

Due to his pride and ego, he would act like her words doesn't bother him one bit and would just playfully tease her back. The reactions she often gave him are quite a surprise, for she would give him this flustered yet angry expression while trying her best to fight him back with words. It's times like this that he thought of her as kind of cute.

Since he was usually too busy skipping classes, sleeping, fighting, or goofing off with his classmates, he wasn't able to pay too much attention to his seatmate who prefers doodling in her seat or reading some book. That's why it wasn't a surprise to see her get along with his twin brother.

It warms his heart to see his lone wolf of a brother, try to branch out and gain friends without his help. This is all thanks to her who was able to encourage and slowly help his twin get out of his comfort zone.

Just when he thought they could somewhat get along, a huge fight broke out between them. It was inevitable due to their differences.

They got into a big argument regarding a school project they were paired for. Her bossy and know-it-all attitude irritated the fuck out of him, she even boldly told him to stop wasting the school break to go off canoodling with some girl or fighting some rando and should use the time to discuss the project with her. Not that he was against it, but the way she said it just pissed him off so he loudly cuss at her, openly expressing his anger and annoyance, then avoid-ignored her.

She could've done the project without him and removed his name but she didn't. Being the tenacious and hard-working girl that she is, she divided the work evenly and waited for him at the school gates after school hours ended. He scoffed at her persistence and reluctantly agreed to spend the evening with her at a café to talk about the project.

They didn't spend that much time together at the café, they briefly talked then she just told him what part he needed to do and the early deadline she sternly set for both of them. She's such a workaholic, he thought.

Once he got home, his brother berated him for his attitude towards her, he reminded him how fucked his grades will be if he failed this project. He just shrugged it off and half-heartedly listened to his twin.

Later, that same night, he lay awake in his bed, unable to sleep while his thoughts drifted back to what they talked about earlier.

"No one wanted to be your partner for this project, not even your bitches. Meanwhile, Y/n volunteered to help your ass out. Sensei didn't want us to pair cause we always pair up for every project."

"Psh-I don't fuckin' need her pity"

"She wouldn't be putting up with you if its just pity"