Chapter 28

While you were immersed in your memories you didn't realize someone was sneaking up behind you.

"Boo!! What'cha doin' here"

"Gah!!! You piece of—" You swung your arm to the person who sneaked up on you but they caught your arm before it could hit them.

"Heheh it's just me" Nahoya let go of your arm and cheekily smiled at you.

Your eyes widen as you let out a gasp "Hoya! I've been looking for you."

"Hmm? Is that why you kept glancin' at me earlier?" His signature smug grin that you've been wanting to rip off his face since the day you met him, appeared.

You wanted to point out that you also caught him staring at you earlier but decided not to, you wanted to avoid bickering with him and be totally honest for today. "It's just so hard to approach you with all those girls swarming over you, I couldn't find the right timing"

"Whut? You jealous or somethin'?" He chuckled and teased which made you pout "I was hoping to get at least one picture with you before we part ways...." You honestly told him while avoiding his gaze.

A couple of seconds passed before Nahoya replied "Did ya think that we'd stop hanging out again after this just cause you're goin' to a different high school?"

You keep your head down, feeling like you're about to cry again now that he's here, and right after you reminisced about the memories you had with him "No, it's just that...things will probably never be the same. Since I chose a prestigious school, I'd probably have less time to hang out with you guys. We would all get much busier and would meet less as time goes on, it would result to us... slowly becoming strangers again."

After a brief pause, you continued "We would've never gotten close in the first place if we didn't become seatmates. We don't have much in common, we always bicker and the lives we lead are quite different. I guess... I'm just scared to slowly lose you ...and also the others"

Nahoya couldn't see your face but he can hear you whimpering. He ruffled your hair and said "Idiot, why would you think I'd forget ya? when it's thanks to you, I got to graduate without any issues with my academics. Sure we had our fair share of fights and differences but even so, we still get along, yeah?"

He grabbed his handkerchief and handed it to you. "C'mon, dry those tears doll, it doesn't suit your pretty face. A smile would suit you better"

Looking up, you saw him smiling warmly at you as you received his handkerchief. While you were wiping your tears he continued talking "Quit thinkin' too much about such depressing things, the future ain't certain so let's just face it head-on and live in the present"

"Yeah... I guess I got too emotional since today is our last day" You said and a small smile graced your lips. "You promise you'd still keep in touch and be friends?"

"I promise! Nothin' will change between us..." He reassured you once more and patted your head. The gesture made you feel all warm and fuzzy as you let your troubles leave your mind, solely focusing on this moment.

The two of you shared a few minutes of comfortable silence while looking up at the cherry blossom tree.