~ CANOPUS ~

The three continued to hand things out until the truck was completely empty. The last thing only being a piece of junk that was given to Jack. He knew it had no use for anyone, so he threw it away.

He jumped off the truck and turned to Z. "Now did you see how much those people appreciated what we gave them?"

Z gave him a fake smile. "Yeah. Kinda gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling that I hate so much. And no, I didn't change my mind about wanting to do something bigger."

"What exactly is your idea of something bigger? I've spent my whole life stealing. It's not like I can go from being a criminal to a hero the next day." Astrid asked.

"Only if you keep doubting yourself like that. Plus, maybe the answer will appear right in front of us." Z said.

The three heard sirens. They turned around and spotted and police car and motorcycle. "Just great." Jack muttered.

The three cadets hopped out of their vehicles and walked towards the three thieves. "Nice to see you three again."

"I told you we should've quit while we were ahead, Jack." Z scolded

"Don't worry. I'll take care of this and we'll be on our way." Jack assured.

He began running straight towards Sky. But Sky put up his shield, causing Jack to fall backwards. "Jack." Astrid panicked. Her and Z helped him back to his feet.

"Guess what, you're not the only one with tricks." Sky smirked.

"Jack, let's get out of here." Z commanded.

"We can't do that. We need to finish this here and now or these clowns will be bugging us forever." Jack headed straight to Sky. And Z headed straight towards Syd. So Astrid was stuck with Bridge. He followed her to and old car. She tried to punch, be he pushed her away.

"Listen, I think we should go about this in the smoothest and most respectful way possible. Each valuing each other's humanity and dignity and-"

Astrid grew annoyed and went to kick him. But Bridge ducked before he she could land a hit. "Or not."

Astrid ran to the truck to get away from him. But he caught up to her. Bridge grabbed her arm and turned her back around. Astrid pushed him away and grabbed his arm instead, then kicking his stomach. Bridge dropped to the floor, but quickly stood back up.

Astrid hopped onto the truck and smirked. "I'm a professional at running away from my problems. And you just so happen to be a problem of mine. So you won't be able to catch me."

"It's not impossible. Why not try?"

Bridge felt a large gush of wind go right past him. And in a blink of an eye, Astrid was gone. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around confused. "Because I'm much more faster than you."

Bridge went for another punch, but Astrid ducked just in time. She brought her leg up and kicked him away. Bridge reached into his back pocket and secretly pulled out the wristband.

Bridge went for one more punch, one she could easily block with her arm. And when she did, he used took advantage of her and wrapped the band around her wrist. "Then how about we even the odds out?" He smiled innocently.

Astrid pushed him away. Bridge went for a kick. Astrid was able to duck, but she felt too slow. She couldn't see his moves ahead of time like she normally could. She was able to dodge all his attacks, but she felt. weak.

Astrid went for one more kick. Bridge gabbed her leg and threw her to the floor. Jack and Z ran over and helped her back up. "We're not doing as well as before. Any suggestions?"

Jack turned to his two friends. "Run?"

Jack grabbed Astrid's hand and started taking off. The three cadets immediately chased after them. They quickly caught up and blocked their way. "You three are accused of stealing and distributing stolen goods." Sky held up his morpher to them.

"Can you prove it?"

"Actually, yes we can."

Sky clicked on a button which then detected them as guilty. "You had to ask." Astrid glared.

"Wait!"

Sky rolled his eyes. "What is it?"

"What are you gonna do with us?" Z asked.

"That's actually quite fascinating. We're gonna blast you with anti-matafution, which reduces you to approximately this big and this thin." Bridge explained.

The three friends looked at each other confused. Everything he was saying just left them with more questions.

"Simultaneously, you're inserted into a confinement card, where you're shipped off for filing till...uh..your time is served."

"You had to ask, Z."

"You do the crime, you pay the time." Sydney then smiled to herself. "I've always wanted to say that."

"Enough with the small talk." Sky chimed in.

As he held up his morpher, a weird alien fell from the sky and landed right in front of them. The thing threw a weird ball into the air. More of those creatures ejected out the ball and around the cadets. "That's okay. Your few extra friends won't bother us." Sky smirked.

"Hate to break it to you, but these aren't our friends. So with our deepest apologies, we'll take this opportunity to be on our way." Jack bowed down to them and smiled. "Good luck."

The three turned around and started running away. And for the first time, Astrid felt tired. Jack looked back at her confused. "What's wrong? You're not usually this slow."

"That idiot put something on me. I can't run as fast." Astrid whined.

The three stopped in their tracks. Astrid held up her arm while panting heavily. Z reached over to try and take it off, nothing worked. "It's stuck on there like glue."

"There has to be a way to get it off."

"I'm sure your brain can come up with something." Jack assured.

"If this is S.P.D. equipment, then it'll take years for me to find a way to get rid of this." Astrid said.

The three heard a large explosion. Astrid turned to Jack, he had worry read all over him. "Why do you seem worried?" Astrid asked.

"They were really outnumbered back there."

"They were trying to arrest us." Z argued. "Besides, it's not our fight."

Jack turned back to the alleyway, then shrugged to Z. He turned around and started running back. "He's going to get us in trouble."

Her and Astrid chased after Jack. They eventually caught up to him and were able to get back in time. The three cadets were basically on the floor surrounded hone they arrived.

The Rangers ended up finishing off the fight themselves. They unmorphed and ran up to the other three. "Thanks for the help."

"No problem."

Jack and Bridge shook hands. But Sky aggressively grabbed Jack's hand. "There is one problem. You're under arrest."

"They helped us." Syd tried to defend.

"They are criminals."

The six heard another vehicle come around the corner. "Just great." Astrid groaned. 

"Cadet Tate, stand down."

"Astrid, you need to get out of here." Jack muttered.

"I can't." Astrid held up her wrist to remind him of the band around her.

"Right." Jack said awkwardly.

"What's done is done." Astrid sighed disappointedly.

Hope you enjoyed
Updates every Friday and Monday!