~PEACOCK~

She wasn't in her room, the common room, the lab, nor the command center. It's like she had disappeared. He tried to think of more places where he could find her. And he only came to one answer.

He reached the top floor of S.P.D, then walking the rest of the way to the roof. And he was correct, she was leaned against the railing looking down at the city. He smiled, then walking over to her. "What are you up to?" He asked.

Astrid turned to him confused, then back down at the city. "Just thinking." She said. "And you?" She asked.

Bridge shrugged. "I was curious as to what you were doing. So I came looking for you." He smiled.

"Nothing interesting, as you can see."

"So what are you thinking about?" He asked.

Astrid shook her head. "You're not gonna like what you hear if I tell you."

"But sometimes it's best to let these thoughts out for someone to hear. You can trust me." He smiled at her.

Astrid looked back at him. He did have a trusting smile. She hated it for some reason. And she knew that she'd come to regret it in the future. "If you say so." She let out a sigh. "I was wondering what it would be like to be dead." She said.

It grew silent. She felt awkward. Until he spoke up. "I like to think we come back alive. Reincarnation. Maybe as a human again, or as an animal." Bridge said.

Astrid was surprised by his response. If this were anyone else, they would have definitely felt awkward. "If that's true, I'd like to come back as a cat."

"Why a cat?"

"Because they just sit around doing nothing but sleeping and eating. And they're treated like royalty." Astrid smiled.

"I like that answer." Bridge laughed.

"A human is the last thing I want to be ever again, if it means I have to live a stupid life like this again." She said, referring to her heart.

"But I doubt it'll turn that way again." Bridge assured.

"Even so, humans are cruel. It's the species that disgusts me the most. It makes me hate myself." She looked down at her monitor and glared. "I hate everything about myself." She muttered.

"Then what do you think will happen once we die?" Bridge asked.

Astrid turned back to the city and sighed. "I'd like to think that I'd be in a grass field. Only thing within miles would be a single tree. No clouds, all sun. And all I'd get to do is lay under the tree by myself. And no more pain."

"Sounds peaceful. But don't you think you'd get lonely?"

Astrid shrugged. "Maybe so. But it's better than what I'm feeling right now."

Bridge looked down at her monitor and frowned. He so badly wanted to save her. He knew she had no hope. And he wished that as time went on, she'd change her mind at some point. But for now, he needed to find somewhere to start.

He looked back at Astrid. He took notice of her side profile. She was pretty. He slowly took off a glove to see her colors, but his cheeks started heating up for some reason. He took off the glove and felt his face. "Am I getting sick?" He mumbled to himself.

"You say something?" Astrid asked.

"Huh? Oh, it was nothing. I'm just talking to myself. It's something that I do quite a lot actually. Apparently I talk in my sleep. Sky complains a lot about it to me. Maybe I should tape my mouth shut in my sleep to prevent that from happening. But that doesn't seem healthy. Or maybe I-"