~DUBHE~

It had been almost two weeks, and the wound still wasn't fully healed. Astrid didn't even realize how deep of a cut it was. She still had to wear the bandage. The pain was mostly gone, but she knew everyone would question her more if they saw the cut.

As for the engine, it was still hidden away in the corner of the lab. She would often go and check on it in hopes that it would have died. But it was still very much alive unfortunately. She kept covering it with white sheets in hope to make the light less obvious. She might have gone overboard.

As for Sam, he still kept it a secret. He so badly wanted to tell the others. Not because it was information that they could need to defeat Gruumm, but because he was worried for her. And Bridge still hadn't caught on.

Astrid wrote everything down about the engine and her blood into her notebook and hid it under her bed. She wasn't going to let anyone see that. Not until Gruumm was gone.

She wanted to run away. Find a place as faraway as possible. But she couldn't leave her friends. And Gruumm would probably somehow find her either way.

Astrid still hadn't had a dream nor had she heard from Gruumm. But she was still too scared to sleep at night.

Bridge noticed the lack of sleep she was probably getting. He woke up in a the middle of the night with a bad feeling, similar to what Z had when she first joined S.P.D.

Bridge quietly hopped out of his bed and out the room, trying his best not to wake up Sky. Once the doors closed behind him, he was free to walk at whatever pace to Astrid's room.

He completely forgot to knock, which made Astrid flinch when it did happen. But she was relieved to see it was just him. She sat on her bed while hugging her legs. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I had a weird feeling, so I wanted to check on you." Bridge answered. He walked over and sat down besides her on the bed. "I see you're still awake."

Astrid nodded. "I can't seem to sleep."

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

Astrid let out a sigh. What was the best way to spill out her emotions without having to tell him the truth. "I've been a lot more scared to sleep recently. I'm not sure if it's because of the dreams or because of my heart. I try not to think about it, but then it just keeps me up."

Bridge took off his gloved and waved his hand in front of her. Astrid leaned her head against the wall. "What do my colors look like?" She asked.

Bridge frowned as he put his glove back on. "Your energy is still strong. But the colors have changes. The colors are almost gone. It's basically almost gray."

Astrid shrugged. "Do you know what that means?" Astrid asked.

Bridge shook his head. "I've never seen it before. Usually it ends up changing though. Maybe it's because you're tired."

Astrid shrugged again. "Possibly. But I'm not sure when I'll be able to sleep." She sighed.

Bridge laid her back down on the bed. He laid down next to her and draped the blankets over them. He wrapped an arm around her, then pulling her closer. Astrid definitely would have felt awkward, but she instead cuddled closer to his chest.

"Tired. That's how I feel." She said.

"I'm sure it is." Bridge mumbled.

"Only thing is that I've never felt what it's like to be tired. Not until recently, at least."

Bridge looked down at her confused. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"I have all this energy inside me, it's impossible for me to feel tired. Even after waking up in pain, I wasn't tired, I was just over it. Only time I can think of when I was tired is when I'd have to use that stupid band of yours."

"It's not stupid." Bridge defended.

"It's stupid." Astrid scoffed. Bridge pouted and shook his head. "I don't know if it's because of my lack of sleep, or my energy. The energy inside me hasn't changed, but the way that it's been making me feel has changed."

"How does it make you feel?"

Astrid went quiet. The tried think of a word to best discrete it. She cuddled closer into his chest and wrapped an arm around him.

"Drained." She said. "I guess that's the best way to describe it."

As she cuddled closer, she could start to hear his heartbeat. It was slow. And the sound it made slowly made her feel more tired. Astrid lifted her hand and started using her finger to trace a heart on his chest.

Bridge looked down confused. "What are you doing?" He smiled.

"Tracing a heart on you. I want your heart." She mumbled.

Bridge's smile grew more. "I gave that to you long ago." He joked.

Astrid scoffed. "You know what I mean, dork." She said, lightly punching his chest. "Can you stay for a little longer? Just until I fall asleep?"

"Of course."

"Thank you."

It grew silent after a while. They only thing Astrid could hear was the sound of his breathing and his heartbeat. Her eyes slowly began to fall at the sound. After a while, Bridge looked down and saw that she had finally fallen asleep. He brushed her cheek with his thumb and smiled. He thought that it would be best to leave now, but her arm was tightly wrapped around him. He would probably end up waking her up if he moved.

Instead, her got comfortable on the bed with her and held her tightly in his arms. He slightly leaned his head closer and placed a small kiss to her forehead.

~

Bridge woke up to the light shining right at his eyes. His eyes were still closed as he sat up. He reached for his communicator, but fell when realizing there wasn't a bedside table there.

He opened his eyes and looked around. This wasn't his room. He completely forgot that he was here. He didn't mean to spend the whole night.

Bridge got up from the floor and sat up on the bed. He rubbed his head in pain and then let out a loud yawn.

The doors opened up and Astrid walked in with a towel draped over her head. "I see you're awake now." She smiled.

"Sorry, I bet you were uncomfortable with me here."

Astrid shook her head. "Not at all. If anything, that was the best I slept in days. Thanks for staying. Sorry I had to bother you like that." She sat down right next to him and rested her head on his shoulder.

"It's nothing. I'm always here if you need me."

"Wanna get something to eat?" Astrid asked.

"Sure. Do you want to stay in or go out?"

She missed going out with Bridge. But the idea of just stepping outside frightened her. With Gruumm probably watching her at all time, she felt uncomfortable and scared.

"How about we just stay in. With the lack of sleep I'm getting, I'm just to lazy to go out. And with you not having any training today, and I dont have anything to work on, I think it'd be nice to relax for once."

"I guess so. Only thing that can ruin the fun is if we have to go out and fight."

"Don't jinx it."

"Sorry." He apologized. He stood up and strecthed his arms up. "I'm going to get ready. I'll meet you later." He said.

"Okay." Astrid hummed. Bridge leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Once he left the room, Astrid rested her head onto her hands. She hated how good she was at lying. And it just kept putting her in pain.

Was meant to update an hour ago but I got distracted.
But hope you enjoyed!
Updates every Friday and Monday!