~MENKALINAN~

She opened her eyes and looked up. It was just complete darkness. She sat up and looked around. She was back in the dark abyss again. She waited for that haunting voice to come back and taunt her about finally winning. But it never came. So she assumed she was finally dead. Not necessarily what she imagined, but darkness was fine.

She looked down at herself. She didn't have her monitor. But the tube and wires were gone. Did it end? Did they win? She was dying to know.

Her thoughts immediately went to her friends. How were they reacting right now? She didn't even want to know. Just the thought broke her heart.

Bridge.

She couldn't even imagine how he was feeling right now. He was probably so heartbroken. She never got to apologize to him. She never even got to tell him how she felt. Astrid felt like crying, but tears wouldn't come out. She couldn't feel anything. She touched her heart, she could feel a slight beat every second. That's when she knew she was still alive. But barely.

Astrid looked around a bit more. She turned around and saw a glimpse of light. It was just an open door with light coming through it. She stood up and slowly started walking towards it.

The silhouettes of two figures began walking out the door. Astrid stopped in her tracks and stepped back. She let her eyes adjust to the light coming through the door as they walked closer.

Astrid recognized their faces as her parents. They sent smiles and waved at her. She hesitantly stepped forward. But she heard something from behind her. She turned around and saw another door. Only this time, it was closed.

Astrid looked back to her parents. They had and arm wrapped around each other. Her father then stuck his hand out for her. Astrid hesitantly raised her hand and started reaching for his, unsure of what to do.

She turned around again to the other door. Her mind was going haywire. It felt like she had to go with her parents, but the other door was just so tempting. She knew what one door led to, but what about the other?

~

Astrid looked around the room. She was no longer in the dark abyss anymore. She let her eyes adjust to everything. The blurriness started to go away. It was all white everywhere. She looked to her right, Bridge was laying down on the sofa, clearly asleep. She looked to her left, Jack sat at the chair with his head hung low. He was probably trying to sleep. But with his head like that, he was definitely awake.

"You've gotten rid of the red, I see." She muttered, her voice very hoarse.

Jack lifted his head. He scooted his chair closer and smiled at Astrid. "I found something else I like doing." He said. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Numb." Astrid answered. "What happened?"

"No more Gruumm." Jack answered.

"And how long has it been?" She questioned.

"About three days."

Astrid turned back to Bridge. "I'm going to assume that's how long he's been here."

Jack nodded. "Hasn't left your side for a second. He kinda needs to. He's starting to smell."

Astrid let out a slight laugh at his joke. But it was quite painful. "How is everyone?"

"They're doing okay. They're all worried about you. They told me to bring them over here if you wake up. But I think I'm going to let you adjust a bit longer before I let them bomb you with questions."

"Thanks." Astrid smiled. "And, Sam?"

"He's left back home."

Astrid frowned. "I wish I could've said goodbye." She wanted to apologize for putting him through so much. She just hoped the he didn't leave resenting her. But she was glad he was fine.