~ DENEB ~

After such a long time, Astrid finally began working on the engine she had been sketching. After finally working out the mechanics, she was finally getting started.

Her face was already dirtied. And her hands had a bunch of cuts on it from all the tools. She looked down at her lab coat. It was now covered in dirt all over. She let out a sigh, and went back to working.

At one point, the doors opened up. Astrid thought it was Bridge, but her lips turned into a smile when Rick walked in with ball in his mouth. Astrid took the ball away from him. "You want me to throw the ball?"

Rick let out a bark. His tail started wiggling in excitement. Astrid smiled and threw the ball outside the lab. Rick ran out and right past Boom who was coming in.

"Hi, Astrid." He greeted.

"Hi, Boom." Astrid gave him a slight smile. "Is there something that you need."

"Not me, but Kat. She wanted me to come fetch you for something." He said. Rick walked over with the ball and barked. "Sorry, Rick. Not that fetch." Boom apologized.

Rick let out a sad whimper. Astrid stood up and dusted off her jeans. "Alright, I'll started heading there right now."

"You should probably wash up first. You're covered in dirt."

Astrid looked down at herself. "I guess I should do that. Thanks for letting me know."

~

After washing up, she made her way over to Kat's office. "I was told that you wanted to see me."

"Yes." Kat answered. She grabbed Astrid's hand and dragged her away, making her sit on a random bed. "I think I've found a way to track down the equipment."

"Really?"

"Yup." Kat walked over to the other side of the bed. Right next to Astrid was a random machine with a few wired hanging out. "Bridge and I have been working on this em for a quite a while. If we can put you to sleep, I'm sure that we can pull out one of your dreams. If our hypothesis about your dreams being a message is true, then maybe I can use the computer to find it if it activates." Kat explained.

"Do you think it could work?"

"We have to try. And if we keep track of your heartbeat, maybe we can see if we can find something to help save you. But we only have one problem." Kat frowned.

Astrid already knew. "I'm going to wake up in pain, aren't I?"

Kat nodded. "We don't have to try if you don't want to. We could still find another way."

Astrid shook her head. "No, let's do it. We need to do everything we can to find it before Gruumm does."

"Are you sure?"

Astrid nodded. "Just make sure to wake me up in time before my heart rate gets too high."

"Alright."

Kat began attaching the wires onto Astrid. She placed the last patched right over her heart. Astrid laid down on the bed and closed her eyes. "You won't have much trouble falling asleep. If your heartbeat goes anywhere over seven hundred, I'll stop." Kat said. Astrid hummed in response. "Counting down now. Ten, nine, eight..."

~

Astrid had already fallen asleep before Kat could finish the countdown. After she had fallen asleep, Astrid had woken up again. Only this time, she wasn't in the lab anymore. Instead, she was back at her old home in the roof. But everything she owned was gone.

Astrid looked down at her hands. All the wires were gone. Not even the monitor on her wrist was there. She looked around her. Suddenly, she could hear someone running. She got up and walked to the edge of the roof. She looked down, but all she saw was Gruumm. Probably chasing the person.