~ RIGEL ~

After the long day she had, Astrid felt hungry. She left her room and started walking towards the common room. When the doors opened, she was met with the view of Bridge standing on his arms, and Jack on the floor groaning in pain.

"Did I come in at a wrong time?" She asked.

"No, I was just about to leave." Jack stood up and dusted himself off. He took one step and felt a crack on his back. "I need to lay down. See you guys later."

Jack left the room. Astrid turned back around to Bridge. He was still standing on his hands. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"This is my thinking position. This is how I get all my good ideas. But what's up?"

"I got a little hungry and came for a snack." Astrid leaned down so he could see her easily. "And I wanted to congratulate you. You did a good job at finding out who the bank robber was."

"Thanks." Bridge smiled..

"So if this is your thinking position, what are you thinking about?"

"I don't know. My best ideas just come to my head like this. I just wait until I finally have that spark." He explained. Bridge looked over at her wrist. The monitor still read 500. And that's when an idea popped into his head. "I got it!"

"Huh?"

Bridge pushed himself off and stood up straight. He fixed his clothed before grabbing Astrid's arm and ran off with her. "Where are we going?"

Bridge didn't say anything. But Astrid got her answer when they walked into a his shared room. Bridge sat down on the chair and stuck his hand out. "Can I borrow your monitor real quick?" He asked.

Astrid gave him a confused look. But she lent him the thing anyways. He took out his morpher and began doing something with it. "What are you doing?"

Bridge didn't respond, he just kept going. Astrid took a peek over his shoulder, but she wasn't sure what he was doing. After about a minute, Bridge put the monitor back onto her wrist. "All done."

Astrid eyed at her monitor. Nothing seemed to change. The small screen still read 500, as always. "Is there something that I'm not noticing?"

Bridge showed her his morpher. The screen read 500. "I connected the monitor to my morpher. If your heart goes over anything that seems to be painful, it'll alert me. So I'll know if you're not feeling okay."

Astrid looked at the morpher confused, then back to Bridge. She gave him a slight smile. "I see you're already thinking of ideas."

Bridge nodded his head. "It's just a start. And I'm not going to stop."

Astrid smiled as she looked down to the floor. She could see the number on her monitor slightly change a number higher, but it quickly went back down. Bridge placed the morpher on his desk and leaned back on his chair. "These powers feel more like a curse sometimes."

"Do you also have trouble with yours?" Astrid asked.

Bridge gave her a nod. "I can't control my powers like everyone else. I need these gloves to cover them up. Otherwise it'll just stress me out. It really hurt my eyes when I was younger. I always thought that maybe a pair of glasses would help me. Turns out I just needed gloves."

"I guess we're both somewhat unlucky."

"I was able to find a solution to my problem. So I'm sure we can find a solution to yours."

Astrid already regretted letting him help. She hated how confident Bridge was. She knew that no matter what Bridge tried doing, she would end up dying either way. He had such high hopes already. But it'll only be a matter of time before he fully gives up.

"Have you ever thought about your parents and what they could be doing right now?" Bridge asked.

Astrid nodded her head. "Not anymore. But I used to think about it all the time."

"Have you ever tried looking for them?"

Astrid shook her head. "Why bother? They never wanted me. That's why I was left in that dumpster. I just assume that a child isn't something they wanted. Or maybe there could've been something about me that they knew wasn't normal to them. Either way, they didn't have the energy to care for me."

Bridge could see how sad she looked while thinking about it. The uncomfortable look she had said it all.

"Who knows what they're doing right now. Probably living their best lives possible. They got to live their lavish lives while I had to struggle to find food. They probably already forgot about the stupid baby they abandoned."

"You're not stupid. I think you're amazing. If anything, they're missing out. They'll never get to witness how amazing you are. You're building things that could help save the world."

His words weren't necessarily making her feel a whole lot better. But they did make her smile a bit. "It doesn't matter anymore. I don't care about what happened in the past. All I'm really focused on is what I'm doing now, and what I'll be doing in the future. Because with the time I have left, I need to find things to do before I go."

Bridge frowned at her words. He wished she had more positivity. But that's how he was, not her.

She stood back up and fixed her lab coat. "I gotta go. Kat asked me to help her with a few things."

"I'll see you later."

Astrid left the room. Bridge got up from his chair and went to lay in his bed. He grabbed his morpher and looked at the screen. He didn't want her to die. If this screen were to go a number higher, he'd most likely panic more than Astrid would.

Hope you enjoyed!
Updates every Friday and Saturday!