~SARGAS~

As the Rangers were making their way back to the base with their Zords, Astrid quickly tried to write down a few more things in the notebook before putting it back under her bed. If anyone were to find it, it would be difficult for her to explain what was going on. So she hid it back as far under as she could.

She got up from the floor and laid on top of her bed. Astrid lifted her hand to her heart. It was just a vibration. She pressed down on it, she felt nothing. Astrid lifted her arm and rolled down her sleeve. Her arm was still bandages from the amount of blood they took to experiment on. And so far, they still hadn't figured out anything. She questioned how it was possible for Gruumm to know, but no one here did.

Once she was done, she could hear the voices of her friends getting closer. She dropped her sleeve and faced the wall.

Bridge enter the room with a smile plastered over his face. "I'm back." He said.

Astrid sat up from the bed and smiled. "Glad you're safe. So no more Delex?" Astrid asked.

Bridge shook his head. He walked over and sat down next to her. "We won't need to worry about him anymore. I hope this can all end soon. Maybe if we capture Gruumm and Broodwing, this chaos could all be over. But then again, there's still other criminals I need to catch, so it wouldn't really end, but it would be less difficult. Maybe they won't turn so giant anymore. Unless they find a way to figure out how to. As cool as the Zords are, they're pretty difficult to handle."

Bridge looked back at Astrid. All she could do was smile at him. Bridge awkwardly looked down at the floor. "I need to control my rambling, don't I?"

"No." Astrid shook her head. She got off the bed and sat on his lap. "Don't ever change a thing about yourself."

Bridge's face began to turn red. He tried hiding, but Astrid could see it all from his ears. She lifted her hand and traced a heart over his chest again. She started getting into the habit of that. "You're cute when you do this."

Astrid stared at him confused. "What about it is cute?" She asked.

"Your hand is kinda small. Plus, you're always so gentle. That's what makes it cute." He gently pressed her palm against his chest. "Do you feel it?"

Astrid nodded. It started slow, but it began to speed up. It caught her by surprise. Bridge laughed when he saw her shocked face.

"Does it ever hurt?"

Bridge looked down at the floor. "Not in the way yours does. The pain I feel is more emotional. Kinda like how we all had that fight a while back. That was tough to deal with."

If that fight was bad, how would he be once she left? How heartbroken would he be then?

Astrid wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder. She did her best to hold in the tears. There was so much she want to tell him. So much she wanted to spill out. But Astrid thought holding in these feelings would be the best option.

Bridge had obviously noticed the change in her behavior that past few weeks. It definitely worried him. But he was too afraid to ask, fearing that it would somehow affect her negatively.

Astrid lifted her head off his shoulder. She grabbed his head and turned him to face her. "Thank you."

Bridge tilted his head in confusion. "For what?" He asked.

Astrid smiled. "For always being you. For always being so positive. For being the light I've been needing."

His heart was already beating quite fast. But now it just kept getting faster. Everything she did and said always made him go crazy.

He leaned in and pressed his lips against hers. His arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer. Astrid's hand gripped his shirt. She knew her face was red all over.

The feelings she had for him were strong. Everything about him was perfect. And just being around him drove her crazy. Yeah, she was in love with him. Astrid was in love with Bridge. Even if she wanted to get rid of these feelings, she couldn't. Which is why she needed to figure out a way for him to forget about her.

They both pulled away when the alarms began going off. Bridge leaned his head on her shoulder and let out a groan. "But I just got back." He whined.

Astrid let out a laugh. "Duty calls." She patted his back.

"I rarely ever get to spend time with you. Will it ever happen?"

"Maybe when you get back. Then sooner you go, the quicker you can deal with whatever is going on. And then you can come back and we can do something, just the two of us."

Bridge lifted his head and smiled. "Sounds good to me." He held up a thumbs up. Astrid hoped off his lap and then helped him up to his feet. "I'll see you when I get back."

He gave her one last kiss and then took off in the direction of the command center. Astrid laid back on the bed and stared at her ceiling.

She never thought that she'd be able to experience love at all. And now that she had it, she wasn't sure of what to do with it. Considering how late it was, she didn't have much longer to be with him.

~

Astrid just so happened to bump into the Rangers when they made their return. Everything felt like slow motion when walking past A-squad. The energy they gave off was strong, in the most frightening way possible. All five of them were eyeing Astrid as they walked past her. Her body just froze in place. Time felt slower and slower the closer they got to each other. They looked at her as if she were their prey. As if they had a plan waiting to happen.

Bridge had to place a hand on her shoulder to get her out of her thoughts. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. They just gave me a weird vibe."

"Tell me about it. I sensed it a long time ago. But now I'm just trying to figure out what's gonna happen now that they're back."

"Things are definitely going to change. But how are you? You're not hurt or anything, are you?" She asked, reaching out for his arm.

Bridge smiled. "I'm fine. You won't be able to find a single scratch on me."

Astrid smiled. "Good. The last thing I want is for you to be injured. Especially with you always somehow getting yourself in trouble. You stress me out."

"I don't mean to stress you. I just have a habit to act before I think. Or maybe, I am thinking, but my body is moving on it's own. But my body can't do that. Maybe there's a tiny person in my brain controlling what I do all the time. Maybe that's why I act before I think."

He looked back at Astrid. She stared at him, unamused by his words. He lifted his hand and zipped his mouth shut. "Sorry. I need to control my rambling." He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

Astrid shook her head and laughed. She stepped closer, then leaning in placing a kiss to his cheek. "Never change, Bridge."

His heart was beating fast. Just the way she smiled at him made him fall for her even more.

"Carson." Both of them turned around to the sound of Cruger's voice. His head was poking out the door of the command center. "Get in here."

"Yes, sir." Bridge responded. "We'll chat later." He patted her head, then taking off to the command center.

She walked back to the lab and sat down at the desk. The odd feeling of A-squad still stuck with her. She did her best to ignore it, but it still stuck with her. They frightened her. And they way they were staring at her just creeped her out even more. It was almost as if they were going to jump at her.

I'm early :D

Hope you enjoyed!
Updates every Friday and Monday!