~ CASTOR ~

Bridge thought that getting some air would get his mind off things. So he took the elevator up to the roof. He was quickly met with the cool wind aggressively blowing at his face. But Bridge didn't mind. It felt so hot in his room, that the cold air actually felt nice.

He had woken up in the middle of the night for no reason. When he had checked the time, it was way past midnight. He thought that maybe his morpher had woken him up, but there was nothing.

Bridge tried his best to fall back asleep. But after a boring ten minutes, he gave up, which is when he decided he needed some air.

Bridge leaned against the railing and looked down at the city. It was quite dark with very little light shining from city and the moon. Bridge looked up at the sky. Just then he saw a shooting star. He smiled, then wished that Astrid was here to see it with him. She would have liked it. Or probably hated it. Being up here reminded him of when they first met. 

He looked down at the floor and frowned at the thought if her. He missed spending time with her. It didn't feel the same without her around. At this point, he didn't care about the rejection, he just wanted to go back to being friends again.

Bridge sighed and leaned his back. All of a sudden his morpher began to start buzzing. Feeling annoyed, he took it out of his pocket and looked down at the screen. His eyes widened when he saw the numbers rising.

In a panic, he started making his way back to the elevator, not realizing that he had dropped his morpher. The elevator felt like it was taking forever for it to reach him.

Despite it only being a few seconds, he grew tired of waiting and instead decided to just run down the stairs. He tried his best to reach her as fast as possible but to also not trip along the way.

He burst through the door as he reached Astrid's floor. He didn't take a second to breath as he ran straight to her room. And neither did he hesitate to just run in. "Astrid."

Bridge looked around the room. She was nowhere to be found. "Astrid?" He muttered. He ran to her closet, but she wasn't in there.

He thought that she might have left on her own. He quickly ran back out and started looking around the base. He went to the command center, the laboratory, and even the common room, but Astrid wasn't in either of those places.

Bridge assumed that maybe she had went outside. So he made his way to the front of the base. While running across the balcony, he stopped in his tracks when he saw a figure sitting on the stairs and leaning against the railing. From how quiet it was in here, he could hear her breathing from where he was standing.

Bridge quickly made his way over to her. Thankfully she hadn't tried to run away from him. "Astrid?" He questioned.

Still breathing heavily, Astrid took a quick glance up at him. Her chest was in so much pain. And she was sweating. Bridge leaned down and gabbed her hand to check her monitor. It was way past 900. "I didn't think you'd come." She was clearly struggling to get those words out.

Without a second thought, Bridge picked her up and carried her outside. He thought that she would try to push him away. But she instead held onto him. Her arms tightly wrapped around his neck. It was as if she was afraid to let go of him.

Bridge could feel how shaky she was. He blamed himself for not getting to her sooner. Would it have been faster if he had just taken the elevator? What if she had died?

When the reached the fountain, Bridge tried to put her down, but Astrid refused to let go. Her hands tightly gripped his shirt.

Bridge sighed, then sat down with Astrid on his lap. His arms wrapped around her waist, and her head rested on his shoulder. "I'm sorry I didn't get there sooner." He apologized. "It's my fault."