~MIRFAK~

She knew what was coming when she woke up in the black abyss again. She closed her eyes and covered her ears before she could hear that irritating voice. "This isn't real. This isn't real." She repeated.

But even with her hands covering her ears, everything she heard was still somehow loud. The sound of crying felt like it was right in her ears. It annoyed her. She never thought that she could hate herself more.

"It's not real. It's not real."

"Oh, but it is."

She flinched at the sound of his voice. Astrid slowly opened her eyes and looked up at the figure standing in front of her. Fear rush all over her body within seconds. "Leave me alone." She glared.

Gruumm let out an evil laugh. It grew louder with each breath he took. Astrid tried blocking it out again, but it wouldn't stop.

"What is it you're trying to do?"

"Do you expect me to be stupid enough to tell you. You'll just have sit and wait for it all to happen. You just better hope your friends stay out of my way if they want what's best for them."

"Shut up!" She yelled. She closed her eyes again and covered her ears. "Get out of my head!"

She felt her body move. She looked around her. She was no longer in the dark abyss anymore. She wasn't sure where she was. But she knew it was probably where Grumm was hiding. "Let me out of here!"

"Just relax. Get comfortable. This is where you're going to end up anyways. Might as well get settled before you stay permanently." He said.

Astrid clenched her fist in anger. "Good luck with that. I'm not letting you get anywhere near me."

Gruumm laughed some more. "You can hide all you want. But just know that this will soon be your home for the rest of your life. But it's not like that visit is going to last long anyways."

~

That was the last thing she heard before waking up. She was breathing heavily, and sweat was dripping down her forehead. Astrid sat up and looked down at her monitor. Nothing had changed.

She turned her hand around and eyed the cut on her palm. It had finally healed after a while. And she was right, it had left a scar.

She still checked up on the engine everyday. It was still the same. Thankfully Sam had still been keeping the secret. But Astrid knew it was killing him inside. He tried helping her with anything she needed, but there was nothing she could do. All she really had left to do was to wait.

If they don't defeat Gruumm anytime soon, no doubt would he finally begin the true chaos of what he was planning. It had probably already began for all she knew.

She got out of her bed and left the room. She tried her best to be as silent as possible when walking past everyone's room, especially Bridge's room.

Before she could even get close to the common room, she could already her friends voices. She walked even slower as she got closer. She leaned against the wall and tried her best to listen to the conversation they were all having.

"If Gruumm can destroy earth from orbit, why doesn't he?" Sky asked.

"He must need something."

"But what? He already has millions of dollars worth of diamonds." Syd said.

"But, wait a minute guys. Gruumm tried to steal all the gold, remember? I got it! Gruumm's master plan is to open up a mega jewelry store. It's perfect."

Astrid rolled her eyes at his guess. If he had said this to her, she would have laughed right in his face. Even if he didn't mean it as a joke.

Not wanting to hear anyone of their conversation, Astrid turned around and went back the other way. Instead of walking back to her room, she walked right past it. Not necessarily in the mood to run all the way up, she instead decided to take the elevator up to the roof.