~ ADHARA ~

Bridge was pinned against the wall by Jack. Instead of fighting back, he just accepted it. Everyone was already angry as it was, he didn't want to make things worse. Plus, he was already guilty of everything, there was no point in defending himself.

"Stop it, Jack. It's not worth fighting. We'll get in trouble." Syd grabbed his arm to get him to stop, but Jack wouldn't budge.

"I don't care. I just want to figure out what was so special about him that he knew about all this before we did. He was a complete stranger when she told him." Jack spat.

"Look, I'm sure Astrid had different intentions when telling him." Sky tried to defend.

"Why didn't you ever tell us?" Z asked angrily, completely ignoring Sky.

"Because I promised her that I wouldn't. I wanted her to trust me."

"I can't believe you two kept this from us for so long. Keeping secrets isn't what friends are supposed to do!"

"What's going on over here? I can hear you from the command center."

They all turned around and saw Cruger walking their way. "Why is Jack pinning Bridge up against the wall?" He asked.

Jack let out an angry sigh before letting go of Bridge. "Nothing, sir. We're just having a little chat." He blatantly lied.

"Command center, now." He commanded. Neither of them moved and inch. They just stayed silent. "I said now!"

~

"Anyone care to explain what all that arguing back there was?" Cruger questioned.

No one responded. They all kept quiet as they stared down at the floor. "If this is how it's gonna be, then I'll target one of you specifically. Bridge, care to explain?"

Bridge froze on the spot. Without looking up at Cruger or the others, he gave him an answer. "They found out about the situation with Astrid's heart." He answered.

"So word finally got out?"

The others lifted their heads in confusion. "You already knew?" Jack asked angrily.

"Yes." Cruger answered.

"First Astrid lies, then Bridge, now you. Who else knows? Kat?"

"Yes. But in Kat's defense, she's knew about it a lot longer than Astrid did."

"It's not about who knew it longer. It's about the fact that no one bothered to tell us. Were you all just going to keep this a secret from us?" Z asked angrily.

"Astrid asked us to keep it to ourselves. She had her reasons for not telling you." Cruger tried to defend.

"And what are those reasons?"

"That I cannot answer."

"So there's still something she's not telling us." Jack muttered angrily.

"Then why would she tell Bridge and not us?" Sky asked.

"Because she trusted him enough that he wouldn't tell you, no matter how much he probably wanted to. But telling him was also a big mistake to Astrid, because of the friendship that she had created with him."

"So did we mean nothing to her?" Z scoffed.

Cruger let out an annoyed sigh. "You just don't get it. Go back to your rooms. I don't want to hear a single words coming from any of you for the rest of the night. Got it?"

"Yes, sir." They said in unison. They all turned around and made their way back to their rooms.

When making it back to his room, Bridge sat on his bed and stared out the window. He thought of Astrid as he looked up at the stars. Was there even any point in finishing off that bucket list anymore? Was it still worth a shot trying to find a solution to save her? Did she even want to be around him anymore?

~

She stood on the ledge looking down at the water, holding onto a random lamppost for protection. The water reflected the light coming from the stars and the moon. Astrid could also see herself in the reflection as well.

She looked up at the stars once more. Jealousy and anger washing over her. She used up every single shooting start wish just for that. Why did she never get it? It was all lies.

Astrid looked back down at the water. If she wanted to, she could easily let go. The water was right under her. She could survive. She probably wouldn't. And this was definitely an easier and faster solution. She was a professional at running away from her problems. But was it worth it going this far?

Astrid stepped away from the ledge, deciding that she needed to empty her mind from these thoughts. If she really wanted this, she would have done it a long time ago. Even if it did get rid of her problems, it would only make things worse for the others. She didn't want that.

Maybe now was her chance to do something without it turning wrong. Now would be a perfect time to get away.

Nothing seemed to help get her mind off things, so Astrid decided to just go back to S.P.D. for the night and possibly handle things in the morning. But most likely it would just end up with her avoiding everyone.

~

When she finally did make it back, Cruger was standing outside waiting for her. Astrid rolled her eyes and sighed as she got closer. "I know, I know. 'I told you so Astrid.' 'These are the consequences of your own actions.' 'This was bound to happen.' I already know."

She walked right past him, but Cruger spoke up. "So what do you plan to do now?" He asked.

Astrid looked down at the floor as she let out another annoyed sigh. "If it's not obvious already, then you'll find out soon." She mumbled, then making her way back to her room.

When she made it back, Astrid immediately fell onto her bed. And for the first time that night, Astrid finally started to cry. She sat up against the wall and grabbed her pillow as she cried. The pain she felt in her heart wasn't even as painful as the pain she usually felt. But this pain made her feel worse.

She so badly wanted for Bridge to come and comfort her. To run into her room and sit next to her on the bed. Pull her into a hug and use his hand to cover her eyes like the last time. But she needed to push Bridge away.

Bridge wasn't going to be happy if he were to be with Astrid. Things would only become sad for him if that happened. Astrid wanted him to have a happy future. A happy future with Astrid wasn't possible.

But unlike Astrid, Bridge still had another chance of happiness. Sure, it would be a long time till then, but there was still a chance. Astrid unfortunately would never get an opportunity at happiness again. Astrid spent too much time around all these wonderful people, but it was about time to let go.

Astrid lifted her hand and clenched her shirt as she continued to cry. Everything hurt. But she needed to deal with this pain if she wanted to give everyone a better life.

Hope you enjoyed!
Updates every Friday and Monday!