~ BETELGEUSE ~

She could hear footsteps running outside her door. She tried her best to ignore the sound. Astrid looked out the window and watched the bright lights flashing at the the festival in town. She could hear the music from where she was. And as fun as it sounded, Astrid wasn't fond of crowds, specifically tight spaces.

Astrid turned around when she heard her door open. Bridge walked in with a smile. "Meet us at the rooftop in about four minutes." He said.

"Why four minutes?" Astrid questioned.

"Because we need a head start before you speed up there. See you in a bit." He have a wave and rushed out the room.

He left her in confusion. Astrid slowly began putting on her shoes. She gave him a minute before walking over to the elevator, not really in any mood to use her speed.

Astrid reached the last floor, where she then had to take the stair to get to the rooftop. Luckily it wasn't a long way up.

When she opened the door, all the others were standing by the edge. They all turned around and waved her over. "Just in time. Hurry on over." Sky rushed.

Astrid walked to Bridge's side. "What's going on?"

"You'll see." Bridge said with an innocent smile.

Astrid looked at him confused. But she then heard a loud boom and flinched. Astrid looked up and saw the more bright lights flashing in the sky. She smiled when more bright and colorful lights began exploding in the sky.

"Fireworks." She mumbled happily.

Bridge nodded. "Yup. You looked like you really wanted to go. Unfortunately I didn't get permission, so I thought this was the best option for you."

"No, it's okay. It was just the fireworks I really wanted to see. Thank you." Astrid smiled.

Bridge smiled back at her. "It was nothing."

Astrid turned back to watch the fireworks. Bridge never looked way from her. His eyes were focused on the girl rather than the fireworks. He tried to look away, but it was as if his eyes were stuck on her. He didn't want to make it obvious, but luckily she was already distracted.

But that didn't make him unnoticed. Z had a smirk plastered over her face. She lightly nudged Jack and pointed to Bridge. Jack turned around and smiled.

Bridge noticed the goosebumps on her arm. He took off his jacket and put it over her. Astrid turned to him. "Aren't you cold?" She asked.

Bridge shook his head. "I'm fine. Plus, I have my gloves to warm me up. But they do get hot during the summer. Maybe I should make myself some thinner gloves for when it's really hot. I should make white ones. But the black ones look really cool."

Astrid giggled and turned back to the fireworks. At this point, she grew used to his rambling. She didn't mind. If anything, she liked when he talked.

~

He was glad to not have Sky with him. Because of Sky we're to see him like this, I'm sure he'd just make fun of him.

Bridge lay in bed, his hand over his heart. His face felt hot. He brought his hand up and lightly slapped himself.

Bridge heard a knock from his door. He sat up from his bed and leaned against the wall. Entered Astrid holding his neatly folded jacket. "Just came to drop this off." She walked over and placed it on his desk.

"Thanks."

"Where's Sky?" Astrid asked.

"Probably doing some night training. He's always pushing himself."

"True." Astrid walked over and pulled out his chair and took a seat. "You look like you have a lot on your mind. Are you feeling okay?" She asked.

Bridge nodded his head. "I'm fine." He assured.

Astrid grabbed his chair and sat down, rolling the chair closer to Bridge. "I wanted to thank you again. What you did meant a lot to me."

"I'm sorry we couldn't go see them in person. I'm sure that would have been a lot more better."

Astrid laughed. "No, it was perfect. All of it was beautiful. The lights, the colors, everything."

Bridge gave her a small smile. "Well I'm glad you liked it."

Astrid looked out the window to the festival. Though the fireworks were over, the festival still had so much energy. "Can I ask you something?"

Bridge hummed in response. Astrid turned back around to face him. "You mentioned that you could see colors. Do you mind if I ask what my colors are?"

Bridge shook his head. "Not at all."

Astrid got comfortable in her seat, an excited smile plastered over his face. Bridge was hesitant to take off his glove. He wasn't really sure as to why.

He closed his eyes and slowly slid it off. He opened his eyes and waved a hand in front of Astrid. He was amazed at what he saw. Colors flowed everywhere. Any color you could possibly think of, even colors Bridge had never seen before in a person. Her energy was all over the place. Normally something like this would overwhelm him. But for the first time, he was mesmerized by what he saw.

"Incredible." He muttered.

Astrid tilted her head. "So what do you see?"

Bridge blinked. "Your energy, I've never seen something like this before. It's so colorful. It's amazing."

With his eyes still on Astrid, he slowly began to put the glove back on. The second the colors disappeared, he felt his heart beating rapidly. He felt so overwhelmed.

Astrid noticed him clench his shirt over his heart. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"I-I'm not sure. I feel a bit overwhelmed all of a sudden."

Astrid sat up from her seat. She stood closer to Bridge and covered his eyes with her hand. His breathing calmed down, and he no longer felt overwhelmed. "How about now?"

Bridge nodded and smiled. "A lot better. Thanks."

"You've helped me a ton of times. It's the least I could do for you."

Astrid uncovered his eyes. Bridge blinked his eyes open, then looked up at Astrid. She gave him a small smile. "Are you in the mood to get some food."

Bridge stood up and stretched his arms out. "Food sounds great. Specifically something sweet. Maybe cake. Or candy. Actually, ice cream sounds really good right now. But it's so cold, I don't want to get sick. Maybe pie, pie is really good."

A knock from the door distracted the two. The door opened up, revealing the other Rangers. "We're gonna head out and grab some cake. You guys wanna join?" Jack asked.

"We even convinced Sky to come." Syd smiled.

"I'm just going to watch over you guys."

"Loosen up, Sky. You can relax when we go out to get some food." Z scolded. Sky rolled his eyes.

Astrid turned to Bridge and smiled. "Perfect timing." She walked over to Z and Syd, linking their arms together and making their way out. Sky followed behind them.

Bridge walked out, and Jack wrapped an arm around him. "Is there something that I should know about?" He asked.

Bridge shook his head and gave Jack a confused stare. "I don't think so. Did I borrow something from you and forget to give it back? I'm sorry."

Jack shook his head, then patted bridge's back. "Never mind. Let's just get going."

Jack began walking ahead. Bridge was left standing there in his own confused thoughts. He looked inside his room for any ideas, nothing came but the thought of Astrid's colors. He could still picture it. He had never seen anything so beautiful before. It was something he could never forget.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

Updates every Friday and Monday