~ GAMMA VELORUM ~

She knew she was in a dream and that this wasn't real life. But her vision was so blurry. And her heart, it was in so much pain. Usually she never feels the pain. She tried looking around the room, but it was all a blur. All she could tell was that this wasn't S.P.D. And wherever she was at, it was dark. And why was she behind bars?

Astrid tried standing up, but her body felt weak. She looked down at her arms and saw a tube and a few wires attached to her arms. She looked to where the they led to. It led to some kind of control console in the center of the room. It was glowing.

Astrid went to take them off, but she heard evil laughter getting closer to her. She looked over towards the sound. Though it was blurry, she could still make out the figure as Gruumm.

"Do that and you'll get yourself killed." He laughed.

Her heart was hurting more and more. And Astrid could tell that her breathing was getting heavier. But she couldn't tell if it was her in the dream, or her in real life.

"Astrid! Wake up! Astrid!"

Astrid quickly sat up. The pain got to her, and she quickly laid back down while resting her hand over her heart. It hurt so bad. "Are you okay?" Bridge asked.

"I will be. Just give me a minute or two." Astrid breathed out. Bridge took her hand and held it tightly.

After a while, her breathing slowed down and the pain started to go away. She slowly sat up on her bed with Bridge's help. He got up from the floor and sat next to her on the bed. "Feeling better?" He asked.

"Yeah." Astrid mumbled. She then leaned her head on his shoulder. "It still hurts though."

"Did you have a dream or a vision again?"

Astrid went quiet. Bridge assumed it was because she needed to catch her breath. But Astrid was just contemplating on what today. She didn't want to worry him. If she told him the truth, he might start panicking.

"No, nothing. Just blank." She lied.

Bridge nodded his head and sighed. "Did you want me to get you a water?"

Astrid shook her head. She rolled the blankets off of her and got out of bed. Bridge stared at her confused, but he was caught by surprise when she ended up sitting on his lap. Her arms wrapped around his neck, and she rested her head on his shoulder. "Just stay with me a little longer."

Bridge wrapped his arms around her waist. He pulled her closer, then kissed the top of her head. He felt that something was off, but he didn't want to question her further in fear that she'd start having pain again if she talked about it.

But he didn't mind having her in his arms like this. If he could, he'd wish for things to be like this forever.

~

"Why do we have to do this again?" Astrid asked as she stuck her arm out.

"There's something about your blood that we just can't seem to figure out. So we're going to have to take more. Only this time, we'll be taking a bit more than we did the last time." Kat explained.

"Is it safe?" Bridge asked.

"Yes. For a normal person like you, you'd probably end up a bit dizzy and tired. But you'll be fine later on. But for someone like Astrid, she wouldn't feel a thing." Kat said.

"Then take as much as you want." Astrid sighed.

"You really don't like this." Bridge noticed.

"Something about being on a hospital bed just really annoys me. I hate it."