~ REGULUS ~

Kat turned off the machine and woke Astrid up right away. Astrid woke up breathing heavily and with her chest in pain. Thankfully she wasn't under for so long, so her body wasn't in that much pain. "How are you feeling?" Kat asked.

"Tired." Astrid asked.

"Did you see anything?" Katie asked.

"Same dream I had last time. If everything that happened in my dream is so accurate, than whatever they hid must be gone by now. Like they said, galaxies away. Shouldn't Gruumm be looking somewhere else."

"True. Maybe if I tried searching a bit further, maybe we could find something then. That's only if you're okay with doing this again."

"I'm fine with that."

Kat glanced at the door. "I was sure Bridge would have been here. I guess it didn't alert him. I should call him over here."

"No!" Astrid said in a panic. "I feel fine. Plus, maybe he's probably busy training or something. I'd hate to bother him."

Kat gave an awkward nod. "Alright. Would you like to rest in here?"

"No thanks. I'd prefer to go back to my room. I'll see you later."

Astrid stood up from the bed and started making her way back to her room. As she exited out of the lab, she could see Bridge walking in the other direction. Before he could turn around, Astrid quickly left back to her room.

Astrid eventually made it back and immediately fell onto her bed. She let out a breath of air as she went to lay on her back.

As suspected, things became awkward after his confession. Neither of them had said much to each other. She had also been avoiding the others in fear of running into him. She was still questioning everything. Questioning how she felt, and questioning why he liked her.

What in his right mind made him fall for a dying girl? What about Astrid did he find attractive?

It was a mistake to tell him about this secret. She should have just kept it to herself.

A knock from her door brought her out of her thoughts. They didn't even bother to wait for a response before opening the doors. Astrid let our a groan and sat up on her bed. "You look like you're dying." Z commented.

"Thanks. That's what I was going for." Astrid said sarcastically.

"What's got you all grumpy?" Z asked. She walked to Astrid and sat right next to her.

"Nothing, really. I've just been working with Kat a lot recently." Astrid said. It wasn't the truth, but it also wasn't a lie.

"I could tell. Neither of us have seen you lately. I think even Bridge is missing you." Z teased.

"Is that so." Astrid sighed awkwardly.

"You seem tense. Did something else happen?"

"No, not at all. I'm just hungry. And also really tired." Astrid lied.

"We were all planning on going out and getting some burgers. Did you want to come with us?"

"I'm fine. I think I'll just take a nap and then go get something to eat here."

"Alright. I'll come check on you later. I'll bring you back a burger as well." Z stood up and started making her way out the door, but Astrid grabbed her arm. Z turned around feeling confused, but that quickly turned into concern when she saw Astrid frowning. "Is everything alright?"

Astrid nodded. "Have I ever told you how thankful I am of you? How you saved me almost ten years ago. And that you've become like a sister to me."

Z sat back down and smiled, then pulling Astrid into a tight hug. "You're also like a sister to me. You and Jack mean the world to me. I don't know what I'd do without you guys."