~ ALTAIR ~

He was the Blue Ranger. And she was a scientist. That's what was written over the names of her parents. The only reason she found out about this was because she just so happened to see her name with theirs when looking through papers Kat had wanted her to review.

And that was how she eded up here. A wall full of names and badges of S.P.D. agents that were lost. It didn't take long to find them. Mark and Lora Queen it read. Astrid didn't even know she had a last name up until now. Astrid took the small envelope out from her pocket. She still had not bothered to look at the picture.

"Your father was a heroic Ranger. And your mother was a smart scientist. You have your mothers brains and you fathers strength."

Astrid gave a weak smile and shook her head. "I doubt I'm that smart or strong. I feel weak and stupid most of the time. Especially when I used to have those nightmares."

"Have they disappeared?"

"I'm not sure. It happened again the other day. Only this time I wasn't having a nightmare. I'm not sure what triggered my heart to suddenly speed up." Astrid explained.

"Wouldn't you prefer if you'd get that checked out?"

Astrid shook her head. "That won't work. It's not like they can do anything."

Cruger looked down at her hands, noticing the unopened envelope. "I see you haven't opened it yet. Why is that?" He asked.

"I'm not sure what to expect. Just looking at their names triggers something in me." She said. She held up the envelope and sighed. "Do you think they would be disappointed in me for the things I've done? Because that's what I've been thinking lately."

Cruger placed a hand to her shoulder. "Unfortunately we'll never know. But what I know is that you're wrong. Your parents risked their lives to save you and to save this planet. What they wanted was for you to live. And you did what you had to do to survive. They would understand."

She didn't even need to look at her monitor to know that her heart rate was too high. She could already feel the pain in her chest.

Astrid finally opened up the envelope. She grabbed ahold of the picture, but she was hesitant to take it out. She bit the inside of her cheek, anxiety washing all over her.

Astrid finally pulled out the photo. Her heartbeat rose up just a bit more as she scoffed at the photo. "I didn't expect to be in this."

"It was the last photo they ever took with you. Seeing it now, you're an exact replica of them. You have your father's nose and eyes. But you also have your mothers lips and hair. No doubt are you their child."

Astrid smiled at his comment. "Is that how you figured out who I was?"

"Somewhat like that. Ever since your parents risked their lives, I had been searching for their missing child. It took ten years, but I had finally found you. Unfortunately you weren't in the best living conditions. Nor were you living a good life." He said.

"I know. It's not like I had a choice."

"Exactly. Your only option of survival was to stick with those criminals. I knew your parents well enough to know that they definitely would have understood. And seeing as where you are now, they would definitely be proud."

Astrid clenched her shirt over her heart. She then placed her hand flat on her chest to feel her heart. It was as if something was vibrating against her.

"So were you the anonymous tip that reported the crimes to the police?"

Cruger nodded. "While I was looking for you, I also had the job to find the mysterious thieves that were robbing homes without leaving any trace of them. And that's how I found you."

"Why not take me away when you arrested them?"

"Because I knew that if I did, you would have also ended up with them. The best option was to let you go. Unfortunately I ended up losing you again. Thankfully I was able to find you.

Astrid gave a small hum. She looked down at the photo, frowning as she took a closer look at their faces. It stall confused her.

"If you have more questions about them, you should ask Kat. I'm sure she knows a bit more than me."

Cruger turned around to leave, but Astrid stopped him. "Thank you, sir. For having me, for giving me this opportunity. For everything." She smiled.

"Anytime." Cruger said.

~

Bridge noticed Astrid sitting at the counter when he walked into the common room. Thankfully no one else was here. She wore headphones and blasted the music all the way up. Bridge could hear it from where he was standing. It was no wonder why she hadn't noticed him come in.

With a bright smile, he slowly walked over to her. But it quickly dropped when he realized that she didn't look so happy. He lightly tapped her shoulder. Astrid turned around and gave him weak smile. She took off the headphones and placed them on the counter. "Hey." She greeted.

"Hey. You don't look so good. Are you alright?"

Astrid shook her head. "I have a lot on my mind right now. I've lost all my energy for the rest of the day."

"Did something happen?"

Astrid reached into her pocket and pulled out the photo, placing it on the counter for Bridge to see. He picked it up. Straight off the bat, he could tell they were her parents. "You look just like them. And that baby is pretty cute too." He teased.

Astrid let out a slight laugh. "That's what Cruger said. But I don't really see it. And in my opinion, that baby is not that cute."

Bridge rested his head on the counter. Astrid dropped her head to look down at her lap. "Now I question why they had to risk their lives to protect me. What was so special about me that they had to die in the process?"

"It was because they loved you. They cared so much about you. That's what good parents are. They would do anything for their loved ones."

"I don't really understand that logic."

"Hmm." Bridge stood up from the seat. He walked to the wall and did a hand stand, leaning his feet against the wall. "I got it."

Bridge got back on his feet and sat back down. "Say, if Gruumm were to capture Z and Jack, would you risk your life to save them?" Bridge asked.

Astrid nodded. "Of course. They're my friends. I'd do anything for them. Sure they'd be mad at me if I did something like that, but I don't care. I'd rather it be me than one of them." Astrid let out a sigh, resting her head on her hands. "Now I see your point."

"I think I might know a way to get your mind out of your thought's. How about you come with us when we train D-squad? I'm sure that will help keep you distracted. Plus, I'm sure you might learn a thing or two." He suggested.

Astrid shrugged. "I guess I can go. I haven't been assigned anything for the rest of the day. That is unless we get ourselves in some trouble."

"I doubt that'll happen. Come on, let's go." Bridge stood up and grabbed an apple from the basket. He tossed it in the air towards Astrid. She easily caught it, then gave Bridge a confused glance. "I know you haven't eaten all day. You should probably snack on that for now."

Astrid rolled her eyes and took a bight of the apple. "Happy?" She mocked.

"Much better." Bridge smiled.

As they walked down the hall, Astrid stopped in her tracks when looking at the names again. Bridge turned around confused and walked back. "Is that them?" He asked.

Astrid hummed in response. Bridge smiled and patted her shoulder. "Astrid Queen, I kinda like it. It has a nice ring to it."

Astrid smiled at his comment, and it slightly made her blush. "I kinda like it too." She admitted. She turned to Bridge with a small smile. He definitely knew how to make her feel better without even trying.

Hope you enjoyed!
Updates every Friday and Monday!