~ ARCTURUS ~

"Ouch."

Astrid groaned as she stood up from the floor. She felt sore all over, and her ribcage was in pain. "Come on, cadet. It isn't over."

She held onto her ribcage. "This isn't what I signed up for when I agreed to be Kat's assistant." Astrid glared.

"I know, which is why I didn't bring this up when we offered you the position. If you want to stay here in S.P.D, you'll have to go through training like everybody else. Even Kat know's how to fight." Cruger explained.

"Then why do I have to wear this band when we train?" Astrid held up her wrist to show the band. She was breathing heavily. She felt so tired.

"Do you really expect to learn anything when all you can do is run? You need to learn like everyone else. And suppressing your power can help you a lot."

"Is being fast not good enough?"

"No, it isn't. If something were to happen to the Rangers, you'd be our last hope of defense. You can't expect to run forever. Just because you're fast, doesn't mean you're powerful. You never know what may happen. Which is why we need to put you in shape."

"Thankfully this is temporary." She mumbled. Her body felt like it was giving up on her.

"Have you eaten today yet?" Cruger asked.

Astrid shook her head. "No, sir."

"Alright, then. You go do that. We're done here."

Cruger waisted no time in waiting for her and left the room. Astrid fell back to the floor breathing heavily. She heard the doors open up again. She turned around and saw Bridge walking up to her. "You look tired."

"No kidding."

Astrid sat back up and gave him her wrist. He used the tool to take off the band. "I hate this thing."

"I know. Sorry about that." Bridge apologized. He took the band off her wrist and put it into his pocket. "Alright, time to eat."

Bridge stood up and stuck his hand out. Astrid reached for his hand, and he helped her back up to her feet. Astrid followed him the rest of the way to the common room. "You can go sit down somewhere. I'll get food for the both of us."

"I'm not hungry."

"Sorry, but Cruger told me to make sure you eat. And so did Jack and Z."

Astrid sighed in annoyance. She sat down and rested her head on the table as she waited for Bridge. He came not long after holding two trays. He placed one right in front of her and the other in front of him. "They were really adamant that I watch you eat everything. Is there a reason why they're like that?"

Astrid nodded her head. "I tend to sometimes go a whole day without eating, sometimes two." She said.

"That doesn't seem healthy."

"It's not. But it's something I got used to as I grew up. But now that I have unlimited food here, I'm sure Jack and Z will be all over me about what I eat now."

Bridge went in to take a bite of his food. But the alarms suddenly began ringing all over the place. The intercom's turned on and called for B-squad. "Looks like I have to go. You better eat everything. I know when someones lying."

"I won't eat everything, but I promise that I'll eat as much as I can."

Bridge shrugged. "Fine with me." He grabbed the sandwich from his tray and placed it in his mouth. He waved at her before running out the room. Astrid laughed as she watched him run off with the sandwich in his mouth.