~ RIGIL KENTAURUS ~

She had been waiting her whole life for the moment she'd end up in here. The police have probably found out about her criminal behavior just now. It was about time she had to pay for what she had done.

What didn't make sense was why they had to separate her from Jack and Z. She thought that they'd all be stuck together. But it came clear to her that she had been stealing for a lot longer. All Astrid just wanted to know was if they were okay. That they weren't put in any harm and are protected.

Astrid laid on the bench. She used her arm to block out any light shining at her. She tried to control her breathing. She tried to think of anything else that would get rid of the anxiety.

Astrid knew her heart rate was definitely rising. But there was no way of telling without her monitor.

Nothing seemed to help. Her thoughts immediately went to her life before Jack and Z. Of the people she was afraid of most. What were they up to now? Are they still in prison? Or were they released? Was she going to end up just like them?

"Open."

Astrid dropped her arm and looked towards the door. Bridge walked in holding a tray of food. Astrid sat up and leaned against the wall. "I got you some food. We got apple juice, a tuna sandwich, and some cookies. I honestly love the cookies here. They're my favorite. The sandwich isn't the best. I prefer an egg salad sandwich. Those are the best. Because no matter how you make an egg salad sandwich, it always turns out good. Well, unless you make it wrong somehow. But that seems kinda impossible."

Bridge looked to Astrid. She just stared at him with a bored look. He suddenly felt awkward about his rambling. And with the way her eyes were staring right at her, it basically took his breath away, but not in the way you would think. "I'm rambling aren't I?" He mumbled to himself.

He sat down next to her and placed the food between them. "Enjoy."

Astrid grabbed the the sandwich and took a bite out of it. "This isn't really that good."

Bridge nodded his head. "I told Sky the same thing, but he wouldn't listen to me. Egg is way better."

"I prefer peanut butter and jelly." Astrid said. She put the sandwich back on the tray and sighed. "Where exactly am I?"

"You're at S.P.D. You'll be under out supervision for a while until...well, I'm not sure. Cruger hasn't told us anything."

"Cruger?"

"You met him already. He's the talking dog."

Astrid nodded her head. "Right. The dog."

Astrid rolled her eyes and sighed. She then lifted her wrist to show the band. "What is this and when can I get it off?"

"I'm glad you asked. Because I made that. That band actually holds onto the energy inside your body, which can basically power down someones body until that band is removed. Or in your case, it prevents you from using your powers. And to answer that second question, not until Cruger allows me to remove it."

"Did you make this specifically for me?"

"No, I made that long ago. We often use it for training when Cruger wants us to try and stop using our powers. So I thought I would bring it incase you would try to run. Seems like it worked." He smiled innocently.

Astrid glared at him, then groaned and leaned her head against the side of the wall. "Just great. First I have my powers taken from me-"

"Well they weren't actually taken from you. They're just being suppressed. Think of it as being held hostage."

Astrid laughed at the analogy. "Fine. My powers are being held hostage. And now I'm separated from my friends and put behind bars. Am I ever going to get out of here?"

"Well, one of your friends is out now."

Astrid looked at him confused. "What?"

"Yeah, uh..Z. Cruger promoted her into B-squad."

"She's a Power Ranger now?" Astrid asked. Bridge nodded his head. "And what about Jack?"

"From what I heard, he refused to join us."

"That's not a surprise." Astrid scoffed. "So then why was I separated from them? Because I'm not at all a fighter. They have no use for me when it comes to fighting."

"Don't ask me. I don't really know what's going on. One minute I'm out to arrest you and your friends. Then the next minute your friend is suddenly a Power Ranger. It's crazy. Maybe this is a test for me."

"I doubt that."

Astrid grabbed the packet of cookies and handed them to Bridge. "Keep them. I don't want em."

"Are you sure?"

Astrid nodded her head. "I lost my appetite from that sandwich. I'll just drink the juice."

"But don't you need to fill up your stomach? I'm sure you're hungry after the long day you've had. I'm always starving after a long day."

"I've been living on the streets for as long as I can remember. A day without a meal isn't going to kill me." Astrid assured.

Bridge frowned. "You sure. I could get you something else if you'd like. Apple slices, sour candy, buttery toast." He said, wiggling his fingers at the word 'buttery'.

Astrid looked at him confused as he wiggled his finger. But she ignored it. "I'm good."

"B-squad Power Rangers, report to Commander Cruger."

Bridge pointed to the intercom. "That's my cue." He stood up and dusted himself off. He then fixed up his jacket and pants. He turned back around to Astrid. "Do you need anything else before I go?"

"A book or two would be nice." Astrid shrugged.

Bridge smiled to himself. "Hold that thought. Open."

The doors opened up and he quickly left the room. But he quickly came back with a pile of books. "These are some of my favorite. This is my favorite book. But if you like mystery, I recommend this one. Oh, but this is a great horror story. Or maybe..."

Bridge kept on rambling. Astrid smiled at how talkative he was. She stood up and reached for one of the books. "I'll take this one."

She turned back around and sat down. "Good luck with whatever you have to do."

Bridged looked down at the book she picked out. An old tech book he bought in middle school. He didn't even realize he brought that book with him here. And he was confused as to why she chose that one of all books.

He looked back at Astrid's eyes. They were kinda bright and colorful. No doubt were they beautiful. If he could, he would stare at them a little longer.

Bridge shook away his thoughts, then placed the rest of the books on the floor right next to the doors. "I'll put the rest here if you want to try reading them."

He took a step back but bumped into the wall behind him. "Whoops." Astrid looked up confused. He was just glad she didn't see. "By the way, can I get your name?"

Astrid smiled. "I'm Astrid. Can I have your name?"

"I'm Bridge. Bridge Carson"

Astrid nodded her head. "Bridge. I'll remember that."

Hope you enjoyed!
Updates every Friday and Monday!