~ ALNITAK ~

Astrid woke up in the same room again. A tube and wires were once gain attached to her arms. And she could feel how weak she was. Her legs gave up on her if she even tried to stand up. This time, she looked down for the monitor on her wrist, but it wasn't there anymore.

It was still blurry, but she could still make out the control console in the middle of the room. She tried taking off the tube and wires again, but she heard the same evil laughter as last time.

"Do that and you'll get yourself killed." He laughed.

Astrid was able to wake up. But she wasn't in her own room anymore. Wherever she was, it was dark. No matter how far she looked, it was all just a black abyss. She could feel that she still had her powers, but it was still dark no matter how far she ran.

"Bridge? Z? Anyone?" She called out. No answer. All she could hear was the echo of her own voice. She looked down at her arms. The tubes and wires were gone, and her monitor was back on her wrist. The numbers read her normal heart rate.

"It finally worked. I was able to reach you."

Astrid turned around to the voice, but no one was there. She looked around some more, still no one. "Who is there?" She asked.

The voice didn't answer. She started stepping backwards in fear. But she somehow bumped into something, or rather someone. She turned around in a panic, only to be face to face with Gruumm.

Astrid started stepping backwards from him. She tripped on her own feet and fell to the floor. Gruumm slowly walked over to her menacingly. "There's no need to worry. I can't hurt you from in here."

"Then get out." Her hands were shaking. But she couldn't tell if it was because of fear or anger. "Where am I?"

"I remember you. Your parents had what I wanted. And I'm here to find whatever it is."

"Don't come to me for help. Even if I did know, why would I tell you?" Astrid glared, slowly standing up. She finally realized that she was still asleep, but this clearly wasn't a dream.

"That's okay. Because I already know where it is and what it is." Gruumm said. Astrid's heart dropped. There was no way the he already knew.

He slowly and menacingly walked closer to her. Astrid kept stepping back from him as he got closer. He frightened her. He angered her.

Astrid somehow bumped into a wall. But when she turned around, there was no wall. There wasn't anything. She turned back to face Gruumm. He was now face to face with her. "It's you."

Whatever Astrid had been leaning on had suddenly disappeared and she fell to the floor. She looked up, but Gruumm was gone. Astrid stood back up and looked around. She was confused as to what was going on.

Astrid could hear movement from behind her. She turned around and was met with the view of her mother running away. It was like the dream she always used to have.

Gruumm was now standing right behind her. "For years, all I ever wanted to know was what they hid, and where it was. For years, I had been trying to find out what it was." He said. "And after waiting this long, I've finally figured it out. It was you. You were the power source they were hiding from me."

"Shut up." Astrid muttered angrily. "You're lying. Whatever you're trying to find is galaxies away. I know."

"I remember your father telling me the exact same thing once. Right before I killed him But new flash girl, he was lying." Gruumm said.

"There no way to find it. Not even we can. So how could you have possible figured it out that it was me?"

"You're speed." He said. Astrid's heart completely dropped. "Do you really think something like that is normal. All of that speed is your energy. And I've figured out that just using your blood is all I need to use to rule the world."