~ PROCYON ~

Both Bridge and Sky woke up to a morpher buzzing. They both quickly sat up and picked up their morphers. "What was that?" Sky questioned.

"Sorry. I think I set the wrong time on my alarm." Bridge apologized. He looked down at his screen and saw numbers going up. The screen read 570. "Maybe that alarm was a good thing because now I have to go to the bathroom. See ya."

Bridge rushed out the room, leaving Sky completely confused. Sky rolled his eyes and laid back in bed.

Bridge ran as fast as he could to her room. He didn't bother to even knock. He just barged inside in a panic. He quickly woke her. Astrid sat up breathing heavily. She was sweaty, her chest was hurting, and she was starting to get a headache. She looked down at her monitor. It read 590. Meaning it had went up while he was running over here.

Bridge noticed the number. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Astrid nodded her head. "I need some water. And something to eat."

"Stay here, I'll bring it for you."

"No." Astrid shook her head. She was still breathing heavily. "I need some air. Just help me out of here."

Bridge gave her a small nod. "Okay."

~

Bridge helped her walk over to the common room for some air. Astrid rested her head on the counter while trying to control her breathing. Bridge placed a cup of water in front of her and some orange slices. Astrid sat up straight and gave him a small smile. "Thanks."

"Anytime. Did you want to talk about it?"

Astrid shook her head. Even after she was able to calm herself down, her heartbeat still hadn't gone back to normal yet. "It'll just make it worse right now. I need a distraction."

Astrid heard a crunch. She looked over at him and noticed him eating toast. "What kind of distraction?" He asked.

Astrid gave a slight laugh. "I think I'm feeling better already." Bridge tilted his head in confusion.

"Thank you for today. I'm sorry that I'm such bother to you."

"No, it's alright. I want to help. All I really want is for you to be safe." Bridge smiled.

"Thanks." Astrid smiled back.

Bridge looked up at the clock hanging on the wall. "It's late. And I have training in the morning. I don't want Cruger kicking my butt and telling me off for being too tired."

"Then I guess it's best for you to go to bed. I'm sorry for keeping you up so late."

"Don't apologize. I'm happy to help. Are you going to bed right now?" Bridge asked as he stood up.

"No, I'm going to stay up a little longer."

"Alright, then I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight." He waved to her as he walked out the room.

"Goodnight."

When the doors closed behind him, Astrid stood up from the counter and sat down by the window. She rested her chin on her hand as she looked up at the sky. And just in time, she saw a shooting star. Maybe she would have made a wish eight years ago, but times have changed.

Her resentment for the stars never grew, but it never dropped either. It was always stuck in the middle. All she wanted was a few more years. But she was never going to get what she wanted.

~

Astrid hadn't seen him the rest of the day. Due to waking up in the middle of the night and staying up for a bit, her body was too tired to even get up. And once she did wake up, he had already left to go capture a criminal.