1- Happy Birthday...?

I leaned against the tree watching David scramble through the leaves in a desperate attempt to avoid meeting me. I sighed heavily stepping forward and with a burst of speed racing across the leaf littered forest floor.

My footsteps barely registering, no twig cracked as I moved, I was the fastest in The Northern Fenris Pack. Only good thing I got from my father before he moved rank. I grabbed the back of Davids neck forcing to the ground, a garbled cry stumbled from his lips making me smirk in anticipation.

I lifted him up and dragged him back through the trees, he was limp behind me. Oops, I think we killed him. My wolf hissed her yellow green eyes sparkled with delight. I smiled fully nodding my head. Maybe I did but Garrett did say use extreme force, the little weasel had stolen Pack funds to pay for a mistress.

Not only did he steal from his own pack, but he had cheated on his mate, his pregnant mate, and shamed us all. By law he would be executed after the separation ceremony between his ex-mate and himself. He would lose his sanity and she would be able to live and have her child. Thanks to this screw up my father had become the new Beta, leaving me in the useless spot of Omega.

Little tip for all of you, just because your parents come from higher ranks in the Pack doesn’t guarantee you the spot. Only the Alpha is a hereditary place, Well that and the Omega. Thanks to my dad moving rank and leaving me in the Omega position, I was the most unwanted wolf in my pack. My tail was down my ears were flattened and I was always the last one on runs. I wasn’t the favourite, and I liked it that way.

I was the Omega, most unwanted, and hated wolf in the pack. But they needed me because I carried out their dirty work that they didn’t want to muddy their paws with. What ever, like I cared. I had freedom, I didn’t have to follow Pack laws, I wasn’t going to married off to some strange wolf. Mostly because nobody liked me and I didn’t like anybody. I’m nobody special, I could be torn apart out here and they wouldn’t care.

The only reason they would do anything about my death is because its in our instincts no matter how weak or unwanted one of our pack is, if they are killed we avenge them to honour their life and their sacrifice to the Pack. It was sentimental crap and I hoped they would bother, if I got killed I got killed tough shit for me.

Being the Omega wasn’t as bad as people think it is, sure some stuff sucks but I am the guard dog for our pack now. Without me they would be defenceless against rouges that I catch and dispose of on a daily basis. I don’t get punished for anything I do because being the Omega is supposedly punishment enough, which I don’t understand.

It was just a title, it did mean that I by pack law did not need a mate. Although it would be frowned upon if I didn’t have one seeing as how I was a fem-wolf and I was needed to help further my pack.

I laughed aloud knowing full wall I probably looked insane, but hey, cant be helped. I guess that was my own fault, I hadn’t really allowed my poor mind the time to grow and become a stable strong computer. But fuck that, I got the job done with efficiency.

I walked through the last row of trees into the lodge clearing, Garrett sat out back around a pine table with maps pinned into the wood using hunting knives. The men were all dressed the same grubby blue jeans with loose work boots or hiking boots, with plaid shirts, the long sleeves rolled up around their biceps.

“If we split into groups we can search this quadrant before sunsets and we might catch his trail” My father suggested pointing down at the map.

The men all nodded their head, I walked over to them clearing my throat. Garrett glanced over at me and then looked back down at the map disregarding me again. I growled my lips curling back.