6- How About We Don't, And Say We Didn't?

The dinning hall was exactly how a pictured it, with the long walls set up like a stereotypical medieval dinning hall. It even had the ridiculously long wooden table. I skipped behind Raven watching his arms bunch and bind as he fought anger and frustration at me. If I kept him pissed off at me then this would turn out and I would get to go home. Maybe even sooner than I expected.

“Here, Sit” he ordered pulling out a chair for me.

I stuck my tongue out hopping up to sit on the table swinging my legs at him. He growled at me his hands tightening on the chair. I grinned at him hoping he could see how much I hated him in my eyes. Mate or not he had ruined my life. I wouldn’t forgive that ever. 

“Mila, sit” He growled.

“Woof Woof” I said rolling my eyes.

He gave an exasperated sigh and dropped his head backwards, “You cant even pretend to be my mate?”

“Why should I help you. Give me a solid reason?”

“I’m your mate”

I held my hand up, “Invalid. I don’t accept you”

His hand clapped over my mouth pushing back onto the table as he crouched over me, my eyes grew wide at the fearful look in his eyes as he stared at me.

“Please don’t say that aloud. I understand you hate me, you don’t want me. Alright. I get it, but they will kill me and then you. If you don’t act the Mate’s role.” His hand slid from my mouth and I licked my lips.

“Who are you talking about?” I asked him wearily.

“The elder council. They hold all the power in reality. If you aren’t careful they’ll kill your entire pack then yourself” He hissed.

“Why?”

“Because, their looking for one chance, one small reason to kill me. If I screw up they kill my parents and everybody.”

“Even my pack and me?”

He nodded, “I don’t care if you hate me for the rest of your life Mila, But I need you to just go along. Play the part like everybody else is” he begged.

I swallowed and nodded my head, “I’m doing this for my Pack” I growled at him.

“What ever” he growled.

I caught movement out of the corner of my eye, the picture had moved. My heart tightened, If the council saw everything they may have heard that argument. I couldn’t die and leave my pack to suffer. I grabbed Ravens shoulders pulling him back down to meet me, He cursed softly before I cut him off. My body reacted as I had dreaded, excitement pounding in my chest as his hands held my sides. His lips trailed down my neck brushing against my collar bone, I bowed my head back glancing at the picture watching it go still again. 

I sat up pushing him off of me, he stumbled backwards against the wall his violet eyes wide and frightened. I slid from the table dropping to the floor, pressing my hands to my chest. Damn, damn, damn. Why did my body react so much to just that kiss.

“Why did you do that?” he snapped.

“There was somebody in the painting” I hissed using the table to help myself stand.

His eyes went wide and he moved towards me, I held my hand up making him pause.

“Stay there, I may heal outward damage quickly. But not that quickly” I said shaking my head.

“You really are going to help now aren’t you?” he asked softly.

“My pack means everything to me. Comparing your kingdom to my pack, I can understand where you’re coming from with this a little. I still wanna’ gut you for kidnapping me, but I can tolerate this. I have until this Ball so I can play princess till then” I growled at him.