14- Playing Where's Waldo, With an Assassin!

It felt so natural so easy to move around in, the armour was light weight, and sat like regular armour. It was tainted a light red colour and was very fitting to me. In short I loved it. Kebber stepped back and admired his work with a self conceded smirk. I would let him have it seeing as how this meant I could hunt. A door opened behind me and I turned looking across the court yard at Raven who was freshly dressed and seemed a little more at ease.

“Look at this!” I squealed jumping around excitedly.

He watched with stunned violet eyes as I leapt around jumping up and down around the courtyard. He crossed his arms over his chest and smirked at me.

“Never thought I’d see the day you actually smiled at me” He murmured.

I landed sliding across the stone, my foot caught and I tipped forward. Arms wrapped around my stomach jerking me back making me cough and sputter as the breath was pressed from my body. His scent rolled down around me and I glanced back at him feeling my ears redden with embarrassment.

“Don’t kill me, I’m just helping” he whispered against the side of my face.

He slowly stood me up and moved back away  crossing his arms over his chest, slowly he examined the armour as I stood petrified. He traced his finger down my shoulder tapping it with his nail.

“It seems alright” he sighed.

My forehead creased in a frown, “Seems alright? This is awesome. I’ve never worn armour on a hunt before!” I growled at him.

He moved around me and I turned following him, “Why did you never wear armour before?” Kebber asked sauntering forward to examine his work along side Raven.

“Well, Because we never needed it I guess. I mean, If I got hurt it wouldn’t be a big deal, so I never wore anything to protect myself” I watched Ravens jaw tighten and Kebber raised an eyebrow.

“I remember you were out in the forest in shorts and a flouncy shirt. It was ridiculous, how they expected you to face armed men like that” Raven grumbled.

“It was my job, That’s what I did dumb-ass. And I was doing fine until you showed up and screwed everything up” I spat.

He rolled his eyes at me, “Right like I ruined your perfect hunt. They would have gotten you without my interference” He sighed turning away from me.

“You bastard!” I screeched but I couldn’t move, I was frozen in place. My heart stuttered in my chest, “I would have been fine, my life would have been so much better if you never showed up! Jocey would be fine, my pack would be together! I would have a home” The last word seethed from between my teeth.

“Mila, Its time to go” I broke myself away from Ravens shocked face and moved over to the group of men. One of which was Nejri and Jhebret. 

I walked over to Nejri and stood closer to him than I knew I should have, If Raven locked me away for kissing him then Raven would be dropping me into the cellar for running to Nejri. Luckily Jhebret came up onto my other side smiling down at me.

“You really want to piss Raven off don’t you?” He growled leading me away with the rest of the group.

“He started it, I don’t need a mate” I growled turning my back to Jhebret and grabbing Nejri’s arm.

I stopped myself in my tracks and stared at Nejri who stared at me with a very calm face.

“Why am I clinging to you” I hissed.

He gave a warm knowing smile, “Because I’m a cat, and you’ve been without another animal of any kind for almost a month now.” I scowled at him.