43- Einie-Meanie-Minie-Moe Fingers Crossed Its The Right Way to Go!

I never wanted to see daylight again, if my eyes opened I better see hell-fire leaping up in tall pillars around me. Have a little red man with a pitchfork, tail and horns greet me with a sharp poke to the side. That was the only good way for me to wake up.

Every molecule in my body was burning, it felt as though my bones were vibrating like a tuning fork, my ears were filled with obnoxious ringing.

I could hear voice just beyond the intense sound but they were low and muffled like I had pillows pressed to my head. My eye lids fluttered open only to be blinded by bright clear daylight pouring in through glass ceilings, panicking I shut my eyes again and turned my head away from it.

The ringing faded away, and the pain flowed from my body vanishing into thin air and the bed underneath me grew soft and plush. The scent of incense hung heavily in the air, in the distance I could hear laughter, chatter, and the soft rustle of cloth and paper.

A slender hand brushed down my left cheek daring me to open my eyes once again. Instead of being blinded by light I was met with the warm flickering glow of orange candle light casting dancing shadows onto the deep red and gold blankets that hung from the ceiling creating a makeshift room.

Raising my head up from the large pillow I had been resting on I saw an array of massive silk and velour pillows which were the same colour as the blankets around me, red and gold.

My tired sleepy eyes scanned around the circular room, a small wooden dress was over to the left side with a taller thinner dresser which I would guess acted a closet more so. Orbs dangled from the ceiling at different lengths, black wax candles burned brightly from within them.

“Emillianna, darling come. You must brush your hair before dinner.” My heart stammered in my chest nearly stopping dead at the soft melodic voice.

I flipped over turning to stare up at a painfully familiar face, her round tan face, thin lips, and almond shaped dark brown eyes with a yellow ring. Hip length dark brown hair that fell in messy curls around her thin shoulders.

Her face softened with worry, lines appearing at the corner of her eyes and her mouth curved down in a frown. She reached forward and brushed a cool hand up the side of my face pushing my hair back, even her scent it made the endless ache in my chest turn into piercing pain.

This woman was ethereal to me, she glowed in the low candle light, her strange eyes entranced me, and her voice soothed every worry I had ever had.

“Mum…” Tears built in my eyes as the truth hit me like a sucker punch to the chest winding me.

“What is the matter? Has my cub had a bad dream?” she asked reaching forward with both hands to hold my face still as I attempted to shake her off.

My trembling hands rose up and pressed over top of hers, she was real, I could close my hand around hers.

The tears gushed forward in great heavy sobs as I threw myself against her chest pressing my face against the smooth curve of her neck hiding myself from the world. My mother was here, she was alive. Her arms encased me and only until I was fully wrapped in her arms did she release her breath in a low sigh.

“It’s alright my little cub. I’m here. Breathe.” She whispered soothingly.

I nodded my head fervently not daring to open my mouth, I didn’t care if this was my hell, or my heaven. My mother was here and she was holding me, the cold in my chest was gone, my body didn’t ache, and there was no jumble of thoughts in my head.

“Come now, we must dry your tears and get you brushed. We can’t have you at dinner with pillow head.” She laughed sweetly sitting back to look down at me.