36-Tea and Talks of Death for Breakfast in Bed?!

I had never felt so comfortable in my life curled up in the large king sized bed that sat in Ravens room, Jevvinii was curled up in a small ball somewhere among the ocean of slate grey blankets and comforters. The air outside had gotten colder from yesterday’s sweltering heat. Either that or it was just because yesterday I had been in such horrifying pain that I was overheating?

The bedroom doors opened slowly gently grinding off the uneven stone floor, groggily I shifted into a propped position on my elbows. Jevvinii’s head perked up from the blankets and she blinked sleepily looking around the room with murky eyes.

Raven stepped down into the room a tray in his hands, trailing behind him was Neyro and the King, followed by Nejri who had left only a few seconds ago to get me something to eat.

“What’s the occasion?” I asked my voice gravelly and raw.

“Todays the first day of the countdown.” Raven answered softly setting the tray down on the bed as he climbed on next to me.

I scowled looking from him to his father, “Countdown?” I hissed my hands curling around the blankets.

“The ball Mila, a month and a half from now we will be celebrating the Grand Ball.” Raven poured me cup of steaming tea.

“Why do we have to all meet here?”

“You aren’t well enough to move, I saw the damage they did Mila. To your back, and the mark. They fucking tore you up.” He growled his hands shaking with anger.

The King stepped forward clearing his throat, “Mila what is it you wish to do? Is it still your decision to leave Avalon after the ball?” He asked.

Jevvinii jumped up bouncing up and down, her green eyes stretched round and doe like as she stared at me. Slowly her bottom lip began to tremble and tears built like tidal waves in her eyes.

“You’re leaving?” she cried.

“I don’t know, I have a family back home that needs me.”

She shook her head tossing herself at my legs wrapping her arms around them pressing her face against my thighs.

“No! I won’t let you go.” She shouted stubbornly her grip tightening.

I sighed reaching forward to pet the top of her head my fingers sliding between her green hair, I would need to take a small step back and look at my options. I could escape from this and ignore the truth for the remainder of my life, go on living with Jocey and my pack doing what I do best. Or I could stay here and live as royalty, where people cared out of their own will for my safety.

“Are you sure so much time has passed?” I asked looking at Ravens Father.

He nodded his head slowly his eyes warm and welcoming as they had been when I first found him in the garden. It felt as though that time had rushed past me, like I had been robbed of time again.

“We don’t have to make a decision for now. You still have time until the Ball, after that it will be your choice to remain here or to leave.” Jhebret intervened as he noticed the decline in conversation, everybody had grown solemn as they realized how short our time was now. The choices that would need to be made for the future.

“Right, onto the next set of business-” The king paused and looked at Jevvinii then to me, I nodded my head and lifted her face up.

“Jevvinii why don’t you go and play with Neyro alright?” She sniffled and rubbed her eyes with the backs of her hands as she nodded, “I’m not going anywhere yet, so no need to worry.” She turned and crawled from the bed without looking back, tightness bound around my chest making it harder to breath.