9- I Guess It's Not In The Cards?

I sat in the lounge with candles set up around on stone pedestals, I had changed from the dress to soft silk pants that were a nice charcoal grey with a matching vest shirt. Neyro sat across from me smirking at Jhebret and Nekal, I stared at the all with narrowed eyes as they watched every move carefully. 

“Go, Fish” Jhebret sneered watching Neyros crestfallen face.

I snorted a laugh shaking my head, I had taught them how to play go fish and old maid. Now they were hooked, we had been playing for the past two or three hours. Jhebret turned to look at me eyeing my cards, His lips curled up into a wicked grin.

“Do you have any kings?” he asked.

I smirked at him lowering my cards, “Go. Fish”

He cursed and grabbed a card from the pile and pulling out two queens from his hand setting them down in front of him. I beamed at him over my cards I turned towards Nekal and watched her face look over her own cards.

“Have any Jacks?” I murmured.

“How do you do that!” She shouted at me handing me her jack.

I mentally clapped myself on the back as I place my pair of jacks down, “Easy, I grew up playing this game” I smirked.

The curtains flew back and Raven stood there looking pissed, his violet eyes scanned the room and they closed as he exhaled a deep breath.

“What are you doing?” he hissed.

“Playing cards, why you wanna’ join?” I offered.

Slowly his eyes opened again and he glared down at me, he shook his head and moved into the room stepping around the group and sitting up against the wall.

“This isn’t creepy at all” I muttered going back to the game.

Raven just sat there for the rest of the several more games we played, just watching. We must have played for at least four more hours straight, it felt nice to laugh and actually enjoy myself around other people.

I kept waiting for somebody to make a joke about the Omega, and then I had to remind myself they didn’t have Omega’s here. I was just a person to them, my title didn’t apply here. It felt nice to have friends that wanted to be around me. 

I cleaned up the cards after everybody left stacking them in a neat pile and then tying the smooth string around it to hold it in place. I tossed them away and turned around jumping as I found Raven still sitting against the wall watching me curiously.

“You are creepy as hell” I hissed crawling away from him to the farthest corner of the lounge.

I curled up pulling one of the thinner larger pillows over myself and creating a small cave where I snuggled into.

“Why wont you sleep in my room?”

“Why would I want to sleep in your room?” I retorted grumpily.

He let out a soft moan, “Because it’s simpler, and it will make it look like your actually trying” He sighed rolling his head back.

“You can't make me go to your room, so bugger off”  I hissed.

“Why are you fighting this?” he questioned raising an eyebrow.

I pursed my lips at him and sat up a little more, “Because I like it here, nobody bothers me.”

He rolled his eyes at me, “Nobody would bother you in my room” he sighed.

I glared at him sitting up fully, “Really? So the maids that move in and out of your room on an hourly basis wouldn’t disturb me?”