3- Avalon? Don't They Sell Make-Up?

I woke in a hazy fog, warm light streaming down into the cold room. Light sheets had been tucked tightly around me. My body was stiff and ached, but I felt better than I had a few days ago. I sat up slowly rubbing my head, I looked around the room my eyes settling upon the woman who was watering what looked like grass that sat in a Greek style pot out on a terrace. My heart leapt in my throat and I rolled out of the bed onto the ground pain flaring in my side. Where the hell was I! I had to get out; my breath was short and quick. Fearfully I scanned the room over with my eyes.

Weapon, Weapon, anything sharp would work, hell I would go for a friggen’ crayon at the moment, I spotted the silver tray with steaming food set out. My stomach grumbled reminding me I needed to eat something or I was going to change. I lunged forward grabbing the knife and grinning at myself. I paused and looked down at myself, the dark charcoal black silk robe hanging loosely around my body. Why was I wearing such a ridiculous outfit!

I crouched again at the sound of her humming coming in closer; she walked through the terrace doors completely oblivious to me. I jumped behind her pressing the obscenely sharp knife to the front of her throat. Seriously what the hell did these people need a knife this sharp for?

“Tell me hunter where the hell am I? Who was I sold to?” I snarled in her ear.

“H-H-H-Hunter… Miss. I’m, n-n-not a hunter” she stammered dropping the metal watering can.

I growled feeling it rumble up my throat, “Don’t lie to me, I’ve killed at least a hundred of you disgusting pigs. One more won’t hurt”

The set of doors in front of us opened and I snarled baring my teeth as he walked through dressed in a similar robe as me but he had actual clothes on underneath.

“Carlia, how is she this morning. Jhebret said she was stable last night but was still too far under to tell much” he looked up from his book and his violet eyes went wide.

The book dropped from his hands and he ripped the small reading glasses from his face tossing them across the room. They hit the cold stone floor and I listened to them shatter and the glass skittered out.

“Master Shardae, h-h-help me” she squeaked out.

“Tell me where the hell I am you dirty hunter, or I paint your room red” I shouted at him pressing the knife closer to her throat.

Really who the hell eats breakfast with such a sharp implement, then again I didn’t eat breakfast I was busy scouring the forest for rogues or hunters. So who knows maybe this was the breakfast type of knife. If your breakfast consisted of rocks! My wolf hissed at me. I gave my head a quick shake tossing her consciousness back down for the moment.

“Put the knife down, she isn’t a threat to you.” He said keeping chillingly calm.

“Like hell, you attack my pack, shoot me. Like I’m going to believe anything that spews from your mouth”

He sighed heavily stopping to rub his forehead, “If I was one of these hunters what kind of idiot would I be to leave you unchained in a large room such as this with sharp tools at your disposal and a hostage waiting?”

“The same type of idiot that prances through a forest looking like a Shakespearean reject. Where am I?” I snapped.

“Let her go first, you can keep the knife. You don’t like my answer you can stab me. But Carlia hasn’t done anything.”

I could smell the heavy fear on her; I pushed her away because my beast was howling at me to tear into the side of her throat. She stumbled away turning to face me she didn’t run away; instead she walked back towards me. I spun the knife in my hand and held it out at her.