15- The Fairy Fears The Dark?

(Ravens Chapter Just cause!)

I stood in the bathroom staring down into the steaming sink, the rippled the running water made in the collecting pool of water was distracting enough for me. How much longer can I do this? My hands curled into tighter fists on the counter and slowly I forced myself to look up. How much longer will I subject myself to her torment and watch her fawn on another. 

Damn her, she didn’t understand a damn thing that was going on did she? Was she truly that dense that she couldn’t comprehend that my entire world was on its last hinges. I stopped the flowing hot water and quickly cleaned myself off using a small piece of clothe.

As I walked up the stairs back into the bedroom drying myself with a larger clothe, I glanced out the balcony window and sighed. The sun had set, I wonder if she was enjoying her freedom now. I walked towards it feeling a nice calm cool breeze rolling in over the thick canopy that impenetrable by the moons soft rays. I stepped out onto the stone sighing in releif at the chilld touch of stone underfoot and the cool night breeze. All did well to help calm my raging mind. 

My eyes scanned the forest a smile spreading over my face, She would be terrified after this. Never would she want to enter the forest again and I would happily oblige that wish. A pain filled screech overwhelmed the quiet atmosphere. Instantly I stood straight my eyes widening, that was Mila. I turned from the balcony running back through the room in only my pants. I didn’t care, something was wrong. She wouldn’t scream for any reason, not something like that. 

I jogged down the large stairwell jumping three or four steps at a time fighting my wings that wanted desperately to assist me in getting to her. Kebber was already waiting for me in the front lobby with Neyro and Torrin. Torrin was the beast master in my castle, he was my backup whenever I went into the forest. I paused confusion clouding my head for a moment, Jhebret was missing, Slowly it cleared as I remembered that he had gone with her. Kebber lifted my dark black armour up and I grabbed it from him turning and running from the group towards the large front wooden doors.

They swung open and I froze at the shadowed figure that limped into the room looking torn and wounded. He looked up at me and whimpered dropping to his knee’s, I ran forward toward him the closer I go the better I recognized the man. It was Kadev, he was one of my newest recruits.

“She ran off, and the darkness… There were so many of them, I couldn’t find her…” He murmured dropping his head forward.

My hands tightened at my sides, “Mila? She’s out there still?” I growled.

Kadev looked up at me and nodded his head, “There were so many, I lost her Sire. I’m sorry”

I could feel a vibration in the ground, it was far enough away that it would not be a threat for some time but it was growing. 

“Go make sure my father is informed, and if he requests it stay with him until I return with Mila” I snapped turning and jogging away from him heading towards the forest. Neyro stepped in front of me holding a pair of dark black heavy fabric boots.

“Before you kick something sharp and land yourself, put some damn shoes on” He growled throwing them at me.

“I want you to get out there with Kebber and bring the men in. I don’t care how or what you tell them. Get them the hell out of the forest” I hissed crouching down pulling the boots on and tying them tightly so I could run as fast as I could without worrying.

I rose to my feet and Neyro gave a curt nod turning and jogging around me towards Kebber and the other men that had gathered at the sound of her scream. The entire forest trembled and a howling scream erupted from the thick canopy sending birds and other creatures scrambling. I took an unconscious step forward, that was Mila that was my Mate!