30- The Littlest Faery Princess Tamed the Wild Beast?

I sat in one of Neyro’s chairs already dressed in a plain white satin gown with long teardrop sleeves. Jevvinii was behind one of the curtains trying on her dress with Neyro’s assistance.

Despite what she was the workers here had taken a shine to her. Especially Neyro and the King. Even the monster Raven called mummy liked Jevvinii. She just was so lively and outgoing; she brought a light into the castle that had never been here before.

“Alright, presenting our Princess!” Neyro called stepping out first he waved his arms to the left and out stepped Jevvinii in a knee length pastel green summer dress with the big straps and tight chest. I smiled and clapped my hands applauding her as she twirled around. Jevvinii was only three maybe four years old, she was healthier than I was, aside from a little malnutrition.

“How do you feel?” I asked rising from the seat and striding over to crouch in front of her.

Her cheeks went a soft pink and she looked down and away, “Good.” She murmured her small hands fisting on the dress.

I nodded my head rising up to look at Neyro, “Thank you.” I said graciously extending my hand to shake his.

“Don’t thank me, just don’t let her destroy the dress.” He pleaded, laughter sneaking into his tone.

“I’ll try my hardest,” I looked down at Jevvinii and smiled, “We have a dinner to attend. Raven said he had a very important announcement to make.” She took my hand in hers and waited patiently.

Neyro smiled warmly at both of us, “Good luck.” He whispered as we turned walking from the room out into the hallway.

Guards lined the walls dressed in gleaming armor, the most prestigious lords and ladies were coming from all over the world to this dinner. The castle was dressed and cleaned, the air smelt clean and fresh. We came around to the grand staircase, Raven stood at the top step his hands held behind his back.

“Presenting Princess Jevvinii Shardae” I stopped walking waving my arms to Jevvinii.

Raven turned and smiled at her he glanced at me before walking over and dropping to one knee before her. He took her right small hand in his and kissed her knuckles.

“What a beautiful princess she is.” He said as he rose back up, “And look another beautiful princess.” He leaned in before I could move away and kissed me lightly making Jevvinii giggled.

“Raven.” I growled in warning.

“Relax Mila, there will be a lot of Fae in that room. I just want you to stay calm, just like the dinner before.”

I nodded my head rolling my eyes, “Don’t talk unless spoken to, tell you if I get to uncomfortable. If I have something to contribute tell you and you’ll say it.”

He leaned back smiling widely, “Thank you for putting up with this.”

“Not like I have much of a choice really.” I sighed taking Jevvinii’s hand.

Raven stepped to stand on the other side of Jevvinii’s, She looked up at him then to me her feet planted firmly on the ground stopping us from walking forward. She tugged on Ravens arm and he looked from me to her before crouching down to her level.

She leaned in and whispered something in his ear, his eyes went wide and his face grew a little pink with blush. His violet eyes flashed up to me and he nodded rising back up to his feet.

“Jevvinii would like us to hold hands.” He said moving around behind me.

“I was fine the way we were in the first place.” I said looking down at Jevvinii.