32- The Secret of Raven and the Council!

A/N This chapter has some rather disturbing stuff near the end... I really just want to apologize I don't know why, but I feel I should. There's nothing graphic, but whats implied... Yeah... Trust me though this is as bad as it gets after it will get better! Promise.

The after dinner mingling was amazing, I stood near the large fireplace of the extraordinary tea room I had no idea about, talking about Fey politics with David-fucking-Bowie! It took everything I had not to grin like a retarded monkey the entire time. Jevvinii was curled up in the large brown armchair beside me, she was done for the night.

“Anyways, I thought I would mention to at least somebody that the Unseelie court’s Mab has put forth her displeasure with this whole set up. Warning to you now, that woman is about as monstrous as they come. She would rip your heart out in a flat second.” He chuckled taking a sip from his tall glass filled with an odd black liquid that shone like liquid darkness, something I would know.

I smiled shaking my head, “Please, I had to have dinner with Tatiana Shardae. That was an experience I would much rather leave behind me.”

David laughed nodding his head, “She is a beast all on her own isn’t she? Surprisingly enough she used to be a Feyling.” He said leaning in closer to me.

That piqued my interest, “You’ll have to excuse my ignorance, but what is a Feyling?” I asked him tilting my head to the side.

He leaned back raising an eyebrow, “My dear have they been keeping you in the dark this entire time?” He asked finishing off the liquid in his glass.

Rolling my lips I nodded looking down into my own cup, unlike the guests I was drinking tea instead of alcohol.

“I think Ravens worried that if he inundates me with information it’ll frighten me off.”

David’s eyes softened, I had always loved his eyes because they made him stand out with his left eye blue and a right brown eye. For me it made him seem more down to earth, now knowing that he was also a Fae it made the connection I had with his music even stronger.

“Obviously he isn’t seeing the same woman the rest of us are.” He smirked handing his glass off to one of the servants circling the room.

“Pardon?” I murmured looking around.

“We aren’t daft darling, we can see your much stronger than the façade you put on. Leaving behind your life, accepting this one and all it entails… That’s nothing short of heroic. Trust me, my transition into the Humans pop world was tough. I can only imagine the sorts of problems you face coming into this world.”

My cheeks heated, I was being complimented by my music idol. In my mind I was jumping around and squealing like a teenage girl, in reality I stood still nibbling at my bottom lip fighting the grin.

“I will admit it hasn’t been easy, but nothing ever is.”

He nodded his head accepting another tall champagne glass full of dark black liquid from a circling servant, “You’ve taken on a war, a Mate who is dying, and Daughter not of your own blood.” He swirled his cup, “My dear you are most right, nothing is ever right.”

My glass fell from my hands, for a few seconds all I could feel was my heart in my chest slamming like a sledge hammer against the bone of my chest plate. Jevvinii woke instantly her eyes going wide, David stepped forward grabbing my shoulders and holding me from falling onto the broken pieces of my glass.

“What are you saying?” I whispered, “Raven isn’t dying.”

David sighed shaking his head, “So sorry darling, I didn’t mean it that way. But Raven has had a target on his back since the day he was born, he’s not very strong on his own.”