19- Big Girls Don't Cry? Then I'm A Baby!

I hadn’t expected the Pack to so openly move back into the lodge, Even if the fire damages had been fixed. It was still something that baffled me. Why didn’t they want to move away from it. Pack members had died that night, and a few had been taken by the Hunters.

But as I stood out on the grassy backyard staring up at the roof and the French doors near the top then the balcony below that casted shadows over the patio, it was as if nothing had ever happened here. No fire, No destruction or death. My birthday had become and ugly echo in the air that was fading with each passing day.

There was still an uneasiness in the air though, like static, it was waiting for something to happen again. Everybody was still on edge no matter how chalantly they acted. All it would take is one lone Hunter and the Pack would snap, for better or for worse I couldn’t tell just from standing in the backyard.

I turned slowly on my heel to look back out at the line of tree’s which had been maintained with precision. The thick warm scent of pine swarmed my sences making my heart race. I was back in the Human world, but soon it would all just be a dream. I wasn’t allowed to stay here, only allowed to heal. The Fae didn’t understand, what Raven had done was a death sentence for me. I had been betrayed by somebody who should have been incapable of doing what he had done.

“Mila” My eyes flickered to the right finding Nejri at my side his arms crossed over his chest.

His yellow cat eyes narrowed and angry, his lips were pressed tightly together as well as his jaw. I had angered him by not telling anybody what would happen on my ‘Vacation’.

“Being here… I’m reminded by how much I don’t fit in, anywhere.” I murmured licking my dry lips.

“I have to contact Oberon and inform him of whats really going on Mila” He let out with a heavy sigh as if it had been a great weight on him.

I turned to face him coming face to face with him, “Nejri, It’s fine. Telling him wont help though. Nothing right now will help. As the day goes on my pain will get worse, and by tonight my body will have had enough and I’ll die. No magic can stop it”

His eyes flamed with his own personal anger, “What about your damn deal with Oberon! Does that mean nothing? You have to be Ravens ‘Mate’ until the ball!” He shouted putting air quotes around Mate.

“I will, I am hell. I’m not like the Fae, and I’m not like the Wolves. Jocey survived being rejected and mental wounded by David because he was just a physical love. But when its your mate and they do something like this!” My voice was rising and I realised a few of the wolves had come to the back windows to watch, “When a mate does something like Raven has, even if I don’t have feelings for him… My wolf and Panther will kill themselves because its our fault that he betrayed us.”

This only made Nejri look more confused his light brown eyebrows furrowed together making crease lines in his forehead. He rubbed his jaw in frustration before he opened his mouth again.

“Well you haven’t been all that understanding of Him either.”

“What Raven wants is something I’m not. I wont change just for his enjoyment” I murmured turning and walking towards the lodge house.

It was odd, I wasn’t here as a member. I was a guest in a strange place, everything felt unreal here. Then again I had come face to face with death several times in the past month and a bit, so being grounded like this made me uneasy.

“Mila!” I blinked and looked at Jocey standing in the shade of the ledge above her.

A pastel purple sundress swaying around her tan legs, I smiled and wlaked over to her. I had missed her, her smile, her scent. She was my sister in many ways, she held me when I cried, when I felt as if I couldn’t take it anymore.