40- Chitter Chatter Best Get At'er

I slammed my hands down onto the top of the table so hard that my wrists went numb and pain shuddered up my arms making my shoulders ache in their sockets. All eyes turned to me, the Assembly of Fae leaders all glaring me down.

I had been sitting there politely quiet for the past few hours as they argued about what to do about my father and who could possibly have allowed him and his band of rogues into Avalon the High court.

Truthfully they were all goddamned idiots in my eyes, Raven rolled his eyes and sank into his seat. He had been watching me slowly fight myself to keep my anger under control and hidden, but this was the last straw. Somebody had accused Nejri of allowing them in, nobody placed blame on my Familiar.

“He would never do something so idiotic. How dare you even think such a thing.” I snarled at them, “And it does not matter who let him in, only that he is here and he is wreaking havoc in Avalon. So drop the damn subject and say something that isn’t stupid.” I allowed my eyes to graze over them all.

“Who do you suggest then? Somebody had to have let the monsters in”

Anger surged through my veins making me warm and tingly, “Nejri would never betray the royal family, much less me.” I shouted at them fighting back the violent and cold rage that simmer underneath the flames.

They all began to chatter amongst themselves, whispering and speaking loud enough I could hear. Some began to rhyme off a few more conspiracy ideas while others stuck with Nejri.

“Enough of this stupid talking, we have a war-monger heading to our front doors and you people sit here discussing theories on how they got here! Shouldn’t you be more concerned with the fact that they are here now?” I asked them hoping to steer them in the right direction.

“Oh yes, lets listen to the daughter of this monster.” One of them called out, only one or two joined in while the others remained in a shocked silence.

I may not be the favourite among the Avalon royals, but the people apparently adored me because I wasn’t royalty in any way. I hunted with the men, I took the risks they were too afraid to and I defended their Oberon when no one would. This gathering of Lords should show more respect for the things I did for their world and kingdom.

Hell I was putting up with their Faery prince for the survival of their court.

I stood up tall my shoulder pulling back and my head held high, gently I smoothed down the dark night blue gown I was wearing. “Yes so the smart thing is to antagonize her? Like I said- Idiot” I spat at them, “You’re too weak to handle him on your own so you’ve gathered here hoping that Oberon might have a solution. An easy way out, that is not what he is here for.”

“You don’t anything about our courts or our laws, So I’d advise you keep your mouth shut woman.” One of the Forest nymphs shouted at me.

I was at the end of my rope with these guys, “You’re right I don’t know anything about your court or your laws. What I do know though is this, my father will not stop killing until he is killed. He will slaughter your people in their beds, burn your children alive, and then he will come here. Then he will kill Oberon and Tatiana, and then Raven and myself. He has no loyalty or honour. Just the need for blood. I may be a woman but I’ve fought more battles than anybody seated at this table has.” The room feel silent and they watched me, “I will not allow my father to kill any more of my family. He is a monster, and for the things he has done he deserves death.”

“Mila, please sit down.” Raven whispered rising to his feet wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

I looked at him and shook my head, “If this council cannot reach a decision by the full moon then we all die, Jevvinii, Oberon, Jhebret, Neyro, everybody will die Ra.” I hissed my hands curling.