41-True Love's Kiss, Well it's Really Hit Or Miss!

The choice was daunting, and for one of the first times in my entire life I felt true cold fear that I may not come through the end. I had been in this situation many times before, where my life hung on by a thread, but it had always been something I could tackle literally and sometimes figuratively.

I lifted the small teapot up and poured some chilled tea into a small white floral cup that Jevvinii held up for me.

We were sitting in my large bed playing Tea, she was the princess and I was the queen. Raven had been here playing as my king but had been called out by Jhebret who wouldn’t look me in the eye when I waved to him.

“When do you think you’ll be better?” Jevvinii asked setting her cup down after taking a silent sip.

I poured myself a small cup and felt myself smile, “Who knows, I might be cursed just like a real princess.”

Jevvinii perked and her jewel like eyes went wide, her green cheeks lightened with blush and she glanced to the door before leaning over closer to me.

“You mean like you need a true love kiss?” Guiltily I admitted to telling Jevvinii of my princesses and even found a few books in Ravens Library of them. She had become addicted right away leaving me with the perfect cover my failing health.

Fighting the smile I looked from side to side before nodding, “But there aren’t any princes out there who can break my curse I’m sorry to say.” I sighed taking a light sip before snickering.

“What about Raven! He can kiss you better, he did it before didn’t he?” she asked desperately.

“I don’t know, that was a lucky kiss. You’ll just have to convince him.” I pat the top of her head and sipped at my tea some more.

She sat back in a huff and lifted her glass up and shot the entire cup of tea into her mouth, “I’ll do it.”

I stiffened and stared at her, “What?” I hissed watching as she backed off the bed and slid to the floor.

“I’ll make him love you.”

“Whoa Jevvinii wait!” I shouted waving my hands at her trying to make her stop, As I leaned forward I felt and heard the sharp crack of ribs. I fell onto my back landing on the soft bed, I was out of breath as my lungs struggled for a strong breath through the pain.

“Raven!” Jevvinii screamed.

The doors opened and I heard footsteps rushing into the room, Raven slid to a stop at my bedside his violet eyes wide and horrified.

“What happened?” He hissed dropping to his knees.

“It’s fine, just look after Jevvinii.” I whispered trying to sit back up.

“Kiss her! You have to break her curse, please don’t let her die.” Jevvinii wailed.

Ravens arm slid behind my shoulders and helped into a comfortable sitting position, he glanced from me to Jevvinii who was now in Jhebrets arms.

“What is she talking about?” He asked looking back at me.

I pulled him down until I was next to his ear, “She thinks I’m under an evil witches curse, and the only way to save me is a kiss from a prince.”

“Clever.” He murmured leaning back.

“Not very, she wants you to be my prince charming.”

He scowled at me and leaned in kissing me briefly, “Don’t lie I’d make one hell of a prince charming.” He moved down and cleaned up the teacups and platter with some cookies and the teapot, “Maid!” He called.