2- TinkerBell Stole My Cake!

I scrambled up away from the freak in the clearing running up the hill again; my skin burned reminding me absently of the silver mesh I had suffered.

My skin was red and I could see the small little ridges where the silver had melted into me. I cursed absently and used an oak tree to pull myself up off the bank and back onto the main path.

The ground was firm and well-trodden showing the use of the path, mostly by pack. Their scent hung heavily in the air mixing with the hunters which stayed the strongest; I glanced back down towards the clearing heaving a heavy sigh at the empty forest.

I gave myself a shake and crouched down bursting off from the sprinters start, I ran through the forest as I usually would. My mouth slightly open waiting for a scent to hit me, but nothing. Only pack this far, it helped to ease my mind.

I still wanted my gun, if they were packing heat I might as well step up. I didn’t want to get caught like that again ever.

The trees began to thin out around me and I could see the long pale gravel driveway to my right leading into the front courtyard of the Pack lodge.

It was all the rage in packs now, to congregate and live together in dorm like rooms. Ours was a communal thing, so you could choose to live in pack residence or on pack property. But you had check in daily. You didn’t and they came to check on you.

Our lodge was three stories high with a sub level where we had training and panic rooms. Just in case Vamps tried to wipe us out. Because apparently we’re a pain in their ass.

I smirked and shook my head walking through the edge of the trees into the bright green grass clearing that made the back area. The patio area was empty; they left the chairs pushed out from the round table.

The map still stuck to it with hunting knives. I shook my head and groaned, why did they do this? There were children around. I looked back at the lodge and had to admire it, the nice golden wood log walls made it glow in the sunlight. The dark grey shingled roof made it seem a little awkward to me.

The front was more edgy with nice angled roofs. The top room where Garrett stayed had two balcony doors that opened more like windows. Below that was where my father the beta and Garretts other trusted pack advisors stayed.

They each had their own little balcony window-door. Then it came down to the base level, it was simple wood log walls with a roof that stretched out from the house protecting the walk way up, two large oak wood poles at the end.

Of course our added touch where two hand made Muskoka chairs for the wolves on guard out front. It also made it look homier. A lot of people here thought that it was a resort, because we did make a lot of money, from what I did not know. But it made the town happy. This is what our pack called home, its what I called hell.

I absolutely despised this house, I never found it comforting and I never enjoyed it inside. It made me feel all cooped up and I avoided it every chance I got. Garrett insisted that I try and show around the house, help out and cook something for the pack. But I don’t cook; I never have, and never will.

If it weren’t for Jocey and her adorably large heart I would have starved to death. She fed me, mostly because I can’t cook to save anybody’s life, and the pack wasn’t all that nice to me.

If I stepped inside the house I would be harassed and bullied the entire way in and out. If I was making food people would screw it up and purposefully ruin it.

My teeth began to grind together sending shivers down my spine, damn I hated this feeling of jealousy. I just wish that they wouldn’t shun me because I embraced being the Omega.