28- Midsummer's Night Lie?

“I’d kill you if you hadn’t behaved yourself…” Neyro snapped in a very conflicted tone, he lifted the bloodied and now destroyed dress.

I fixed the light green velvet knee length dress he had given me, it was long sleeved and all one continues piece of cloth. I liked it because it was clean and simple, and it was one of my favorite colours.

I pulled up the black stocking’s he had given me as well because I would be going outside to meet Raven in a few minutes for my promised and much anticipated night ride on Zenai.

“You are positive you had to wreck the dress?” Neyro moaned turning to look at me.

I looked up at him and grinned, “It was either wreck the dress to make myself cry, or snap back at the councilmen. I took the road that best benefit everybody.”

He sighed and stomped his feet turning back around and tossing the ruined dress into a basket filled with ripped, torn and bloodied clothe. He turned back to me placing his arms on his hips.

“You better come back with that dress spotless or so help me Arthur I will strike and you’ll stitch your own damn clothes.” He snapped.

I rolled my eyes and nodded towards the basket, “Is that all from me?” I asked him standing up and slipping into the flat soled riding boots.

The laces were a tough strung leather rope that tied in a tight bow in front of the boot. Neyro scoffed at me and shook his head glancing back at the basket.

“Oh you wish. You aren’t the only one ruining their clothes. It seems like everybody here would be better off stark naked.” He grumbled.

It was nice to have these talks with Neyro, “How about we keep people clothed.” I shuddered.

He chuckled and nodded his head turning his back to me as he set back to work, I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his chest.

“Thanks for the clothes Neyro.” I turned and jogged out the door calling back to him, “See you later!”

I raced down the stone hallway being careful not to put too much strain on my stomach, I did not want to repeat the earlier pain. Excitement tingled up and down my spine as I ran down the front steps heading to the front doors.

“Slipping away again are we?” I damn near jumped out of my skin at the sound of the voice.

I turned and looked at one of the councilmen, he was the one that had first spoken up, Werlock I think his name was.

“No, Raven’s taking me out for a ride.” I said awkwardly turning to face him.

“What about the wound you have on your stomach, shouldn’t you have that looked at beforehand?” He asked stepping forward until we were an arm’s length away.

“What wound?” My voice was sweet and innocent as I lied to his face.

The stone room grew cold, “I know about you Shadowwalker, you’re a danger to everybody around you. You’ll get everybody here killed.” He snapped shouldering past me.

“You’re the ones who’s going to kill anybody. Oh by the way, touch Raven, his father or any of my friends I’ll show you just why so many people fear the Shadowwalkers.” I growled my hands tightening into fists.

I wanted to punch him so badly, the need to do it was painful to refuse. He chuckled and turned to look at me, I glared over my shoulder.

“Your beasty side is showing through. You’ll only worsen Avalons state.”

My breath sucked in sharply and I turned to look at him, I gave a shrug and grinned, “Maybe, but I can make sure you’re out of the picture at least.” I said rolling my shoulders, my hands ran through my hair as I began to knot it in my fingers.