48- Timetable Tango with Tinkerbell Part 2

I ran down the hallway holding the skirt of my dress up so I would be less likely to trip on it and slid face first down the carpet. Nejri jogged behind me being kind enough not to run ahead of me, he had come to find me in the garden to tell me that Queen Mab would be arriving soon. It was just past noon, who shows up just past noon. I had been enjoying my lunch with Oberon and Jevvinii and now I was running like hell to make it to the Grand hallway to greet a Queen.

“When did you say she was going to be here?” I asked trying to catch my breath as I jumped down the stone steps out into the main Hallway that would pass by the grand staircase.

“Soon, just hurry! Raven’s already waiting for you by the front doors.” He shouted at me.

Groaning I raced down the wide hallway coming to the top of the stairs pretty much throwing myself at the railing so I could finally stop running. That had been one hell of a run, I needed to work out more if I was out of breath just from this. Inhaling deeply through my nose I let out a shaky breath straightening myself out before I approached the stairs with trembling legs. Looking down the steps I found Raven pacing back and forth.

“Presenting Queen Mab of the Unseelie Court!” One of the men at the doors bellowed as he made his way to open them. Panicking I jumped up onto the railing and slid down quickly jumping off just before the bottom post that would have crushed me. Raven quickly leaned out catching me before I collapsed to the ground.

“Nice of you to show up.” He hissed in my ear as he helped me to stand up straight and catch my breath.

“Shut up, or I will punch you in front of the Queen.” I spoke with a smile on my face, the doors opened fully and a tall lithe woman stood there with several brute looking men around her dressed in long black jackets with silver buckles holding them closed. The three closest to her had sleeveless jackets, but the other four had long teardrop sleeves that brushed the ground. She had a full head of dark red hair that curled around her soft flushed face. Her eyes were thin but the colour was undeniable, a deep royal purple with dark lashes. I could tell she was related to Raven just by looking at her simple features, when I looked closer I could see the same facial structure. They had the same nose too, hell if I didn’t know any better I would have assumed she was his sister. Or him in female version.

She looked around the room as she entered into the castle walls, her eyes travelled up the pillars to the arched ceiling and the ribbons, tapestries and other decorations that had been hung from the ceiling. When they came down to scan the room she smiled for a moment when she looked at Raven, but then her eyes found me and I felt the instant hostility. Without saying a word she waved her delicate hand forward and two of the men in long sleeved jackets vanished from her side. Seconds later I felt their hands on me and a small moment of panic blurred my better judgement.

Shadowwalker.” Her voice was like the wind it was so soft and yet it cut me like ice.

“Get your hands off of me or I swear to the gods above and below…” My voice trailed off into a rolling growl.

She laughed walking up to Raven, “You would be an idiot to fight Titus and Reim. They are trained hunters.” She boasted the men holding my arms.

“Hunters?” I growled without meaning to at her, that word I hated it with a burning passion.

“You will release her immediately!” Raven shouted turning to glare at Mab.

She tossed her head back and laughed, “Shadowwalkers fall under Unseelie Fae if nothing else. She is mine to command, you have not fully bonded with her.”

I shut my eyes and inhaled deeply finding my center to calm my mind, This was a challenge to Ravens throne. No way in hell would I allow this to go on.