33- Duck-Duck Fairy! Wait What?

An hour later we were still curled on the floor, his arms holding me close. I could almost pretend that we were normal, that we were a couple. Our quiet time was ruined with a knock at the bedroom door, neither of us moved. I think he was enjoying the fact I wasn’t attempting to gouge out his stomach. Whoever they were didn’t take the lack of response as a go away. The door eased open and I heard Jhebret gasp, cracking open my one eye I looked up at him standing in the doorway.

“Raven what’s going on?” He hissed.

Groggily Raven sat up rubbing his eyes sleepily before turning his body to look at Jhebret, “Mila saw the councilman.” His voice was almost childlike.

“You saw?” Jhebret whispered crouching down in front of us as we tried to stretch the cold out of our bodies

I nodded my head stretching my arms above my head, “Give a good reason why I shouldn’t kill them again?” I asked.

Jhebret eyes darkened and he cursed running his hands through his dark short hair, “Do they know she saw?” he turned to glare at Raven, who shrugged in response.

“He said hello to her as he left. So I suppose he knows.”

Raven rubbed his face as he tried to think, I pushed to my feet dusting the dress off before holding my hand down to Raven. He looked up at me and frowned.

“We have guests who need to at least see their host once before they leave.” I said shaking my head at him.

Slowly almost like he was afraid to suddenly touch me he reached out taking my hand in, “They saw me at dinner.” He muttered pushing to his feet not using my hand as lift.

Instead he just held it in his own, “Well now you need to say goodnight to them, the councilmen will be expecting you to not show your face for the rest of the evening. We’re going to go and socialize a little and rub it in their smug bastard faces.”

“No, Raven needs rest and medical attention.”

My hand tightened on his and I glared Jhebret down, “I can heal him better than you and your medicine can. I want you to stay and guard Jevvinii, after this I don’t trust those bastards. You can tell them that, no more private meetings, they meet with the future Oberon then they meet with me as well. Don’t you dare let them come near my daughter.” I snapped narrowing my eyes at him.

He nodded slowly before looking at Raven who smiled warmly at me, “Mila do you like me?” he murmured in my ear making my spine stiffen.

“Are you drunk?” I asked turning to look at him, “Or are you brain dead?”

“I like you” He leaned in closer to my face.

I brought my hand across his face, “Wake up idiot, we have to go and talk to people.”

He shook his head blinking a few times before looking around, “What?” He muttered rubbing the side of his face.

“You’re a pain in my ass” I sighed pulling him out of the bedroom.

“Mila! Wait, what just happened?”

“You fell asleep when we were laying on the floor, then you asked a stupid question when Jhebret showed up so I hit you.”

He stopped in the hallway pulling on my hand, “Mila I didn’t fall asleep.” I stopped dead in my tracks, well this was awkward then.

“Don’t lie to me.” I kept walking letting his hand go.

He caught up without any hesitation catching my arm in his hand, “I didn’t lie either, Mila is it really that hard to believe that I actually like you?” He hissed stepping up behind me.