47- Timetable Tango with Tinkerbelle Part 1

**So there are some names that will be hard to pronounce in this chapter, so here they are:

Uonaidh {OO-N-EYE}

Finvarra {FIN-VAR-RAH}

Slone {SLOW-OWN}

Kysie {K-EYE-SEE}

Sidhe {SHEE}

Maeve/Mab (MA-HAV)

I may have missed some so just ask and I will add it up here:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I were in some Disney movie this would be the final moment, where I made my big ‘Today is the day!’ song. Which made it strange that I had ‘I’ll Make a Man Out of You’ stuck on some torturous replay in my head. Lucky me though, nobody around me had ever heard of the movie so they all just thought it was some dance I was humming. The maids spun around me grabbing brushes out of nowhere, make-up stored in little shells or in hand carved stone cases. They moved with agility and precision, not once did they bump into one another.

“Recite again, this afternoons proceedings.” Tatiana barked from the stool she occupied near the large arched window. I tried to turn my head to face her but the maids all grabbed my head jerking back to the wide Vanity mirror in front of me. I had strange balls in curled into my hair, to then cause my hair to curl when they were removed. My face felt heavy with make-up, and the air was toxic with perfume, the last thing I wanted to do was once more tell Ravens mother what was going on today.

“Mid-afternoon, when the sun is halfway to the highest point- or just before noon- I will join Ra at the front doors to greet the arriving guests. At Noon-high, we will then enter the parlor area and converse with the nobility that has so graciously come to celebrate with us. Then half past Noon-high I will leave to go and assist the guards in their formations before the gates are shut for the Ball. Ra will be inside the castle checking on the Chefs in the kitchen, then to check on the grand ballroom and the decorations. We will then meet back up in the grand staircase as the guests begin to gather in the front room. After a short speech given by Ra thanking them the wall on the right will be removed and the ballroom revealed. The guests will enter and the ball will continue from their as per planned by you, your husband and your Son.” I let out a deep breath once I finished.

Tatiana sighed in a nasally way making it wheeze a little, sticking her nose into the air she turned back to her own mirror. This was Ravens brilliant idea, he was trying to get me and his mom to get along better. Sadly it wasn’t working out the way he had hoped it would. In fact I think she may even hate me more now that I had decided to stay. That had been our really big breaking point. Well that and the fact that Raven apparently chose me over her, I mean any mother would be upset if their son brought home a Were-creature and said they were going to keep it.

“Head up please” a maid with a soft voice asked me gently sliding her hands along the sides of my jaw tilting my face up so I stared at the high ceilings.

With a heavy sigh I kept my head turned at the awkward and somewhat painful position and stared endlessly at the ceiling as I had been told. To think this was only the pre-party make-up for the pre-party party. I would have to endure another three hours of this grueling torment for the actual ball later. Just thinking about it made me groan, my head dropped back a little more than I think I was supposed to have it because all four of the maids working on me stopped moving and glared menacingly at me.

“Sorry” I sighed positioning my head back at the painfully awkward position of looking straight up at the ceiling.

As soon as I was sitting correctly they all jumped back into motion hurrying to catch up on those few precious seconds lost as I mentally argued with myself about what to do with Tatiana. This was all to much, I hated the smells that were wafting around me, the perfume was to heavy the make-up was seriously a meter thick. I could probably just wear it to the ball no armor needed. My eyes flickered to the window just on the right of Tatiana, the bright blue crystal sky was clear and crisp today. Large birds that looked like small airplanes soared through the open air looping up and around chasing one another. For the sake of the little girl in me I would pretend that they were playing chase and not trying to get all ‘wild kingdom’ on one another, or there was the nastier alternative that they were trying to kill the other. Well crap, there goes my child inside.