107

SATORU
hi babeeeeee
we're coming back to the school tomorrow ;)
you better be ready with some sweets! boy am I hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

YOU
I thought you were supposed to come back today...
Did something happen???? Are you both ok??

SATORU
we decided to change our schedule around a bit just to be safe.
Haibara and Nanami are here!!!
i was sad they didn't send you along with them :(

YOU
Probably so I wouldn't distract you too much.
Just come back safe, alright?
I miss you :(

Maybe saying 'I miss you' was a bit overkill. It seemed to have triggered your phone to blow up for the next two minutes thanks to yours truly. But you couldn't justify distracting Satoru for any longer than needed,  so you put your phone down for a bit. Ideally he'd get back to the super important work he had to do, but knowing his work ethic wasn't too strong you didn't have high hopes.

You didn't really know what his mission was about. Your best guess was with whatever Suguru said a few days ago - it was some sort of escort mission. It didn't sound dangerous, but it's the finer details that made you worry. For one, they had to send two special grades. And now, they were even taking an extra day.

To get your mind off of it all, you decided to train. Now that you've been able to muster a steady stream of cursed energy, the hard part was applying it to any type of fighting style. After all time isn't a weapon on its own, so you had to think of some creative solutions.

"I'm pretty weak, aren't I," you huffed out, lazily sitting down at an empty desk in the first year classroom. But you weren't alone.

"I wouldn't rule you out as weak if you have Gojo wrapped around your finger," Utahime muttered her response as she rolled her eyes. It was nearing the Kyoto Sister School Event, so some of the Kyoto students were slowly migrating over to Tokyo for the event. Since the Tokyo branch won by an overwhelming margin last year, the tournament was being held here as per tradition.

"I- Satoru's not wrapped around my finger!" You tried to counter but you were a bit of a stumbling mess as you tried to find the words. "If anything, I'm probably wrapped around his..."

"Getting that womanizer off the streets is enough to tell me there's a little more to it than that," The girl frowned, pushing herself up from her seat. "Look, you'll have nothing to worry about. I hate to admit it, but he's plenty strong. You can be as weak as you want and it won't really matter as long as you're with him."

"I-I don't know about that, Utahime-Senpai," you admitted, shaking your head. "I don't want to hold him back because I can't defend myself. If he gets hurt protecting me I don't think I'll ever be able to live with myself."

Utahime snorted. "Gojo? Getting hurt? Yeah right, as if that'll ever happen. That kids a monster. I don't think I've ever seen as much as a scratch on his pretty-boy face before. And it's not like anything's emotionally hit him either. He's built like a brick wall."

You knew that wasn't true. Though Satoru put up a front, there's some things that even he cared about and you know it. Before you could open your mouth to interject, it was Shoko who spoke up.

"Well, even brick walls can collapse sometimes," Shoko sighed, leaning on the doorframe to the classroom. "Are you picking on poor Y/n-chan, Utahime-Senpai?"

•~•

Though Utahime seemed to be a bit harsh, she surprisingly helped you train with Shoko. Granted, she did make the condition that you weren't allowed to tell Satoru about it. It seems they both knew something you didn't, but you weren't about to press for whatever it was.