215

You woke up bound by ropes. A thick, scruffy cloth was tied over your mouth while rows of talisman lined the tight walls around you. It was almost like you were in the back of a truck or a van... wait. Your memories of how you got here were fuzzy, but the more you tried to recollect the more things began to slip away. There were three guys? No four... but didn't you finish them off? You don't remember losing, but if you were tied up like this there was no way you won.

You tried to struggle out of the restraints but they were far too tight to be humane. It was cutting off your circulation as your arms and legs began to prickle. But before long, you were able to turn yourself enough to make eye contact with one of the perpetrators.

"I don't get why the old man wants to hand you out on a silver platter to Naoya." The man grumbled. He had long, ratted black hair and a scruffy beard. He was decorated in scars of various shapes and sizes, almost enough to cover him whole. Though some of them look curse inflicted, a good majority seemed weapon induced.

...

For Naoya?

You were so lost in all the scars, the Naoya name drop didn't process until a few seconds later. But they couldn't be talking about that Naoya, right? And if they were, that means these guys had to be affiliated with the Zen'ins, if not Zen'ins themselves. But why were the Zen'ins after you, and why were they mentioning Naoya Zen'in?!

"He just wants your technique right? Then why don't I grab first dibs huh, sweetheart?" The black haired man grabbed your neck, completely  disregarding your windpipes. You nearly choked on your own spit. "What a cute face you got there. I'm sure it'll be cuter when you're-"

"Jinichi," another black haired boy snapped. He was younger by at least a good quarter of a century, but they looked similar. "Put her down. I'm sure Naobito won't appreciate it if Naoya doesn't get the first bite."

Jinichi grunted, plopping you back down on the metal van floor. "Why the hell are we being sent out to do Naobito's grocery shopping anyhow. If he wanted her this badly, he could just grab her himself. You gotta admit the old man's lost his marbles on this one, right Naoto?"

"I don't know what type of deal my father made..." Naoto frowned, "But it's done. We did what we were told to do."

You continued to pathetically struggle some more, but it was fruitless. You soon understood that you weren't strong enough to overpower these ropes on your own. The talisman was messing with your cursed energy, so you were nothing better than human. And although you knew your way around some fighting styles, you were still physically weak.

Shit, shit, shit! You kept repeating in your head, body turning into an auto-piloted mess. Everything in your gut was telling you that you needed to get out of here. But the more you realized you were just needlessly exhausting yourself, the more you tried to calm down. Even if you broke free, you didn't know if you still had your phone. Sure, you could hope to be strong enough to overpower these two, but when you got out you wouldn't even know where you were. All you knew was that they were supposedly bringing you to Naoya.

You tried to gulp the thought away, but the anxiety started to set in. The boy you hated the most, the man who took advantage of you. What did he want from you now? There's a chance he thought he was entitled to your body after the grand gesture of saving you, which scared you the most. Was there anything you could've done to avoid this? Whether you fought against it or simply gave in, fate always had a way of toying with you right in the eye of the Zen'in clan.

"We're pulling in now," Naoto sighed, shifting his eyes away from you. There was an etch of pity in his gaze, but it only filled you with more disgust.